M/n's Assignment

M/n POV:

It was 6 in the afternoon I had just finished training and I was currently sharpening my sword. That's when my adopted mother, Bo Katan, came back to base. She let's me call her mom in private but she prefers to just be called by her name in front of others. When she came back all the other Mandalorians flocked to her, afterall she just came back from an unscheduled Mandalorian summit declared by Mandalore the Avenger, so naturally they all wanted to know what was so special that Mandalore had to announce.

Each Mandalorian summit usually was a gathering of the leaders of the four most prominent Mandalorian clans: clan Kryze led by Bo-Katan Kryze, clan Fett led by Jango Fett, clan Vizsla led by Pre Vizsla, and clan Vizla led by Shae Vizla otherwise known as Mandalore the Avenger. She has been unanimously been considered as Mandalore for retaking some Mandalorian land, more than any other has, despite not wielding the Dark Saber. Also because she is a relatively fair and reasonable ruler. Each clan consists of smaller clans of Mandalorian lineage while the rest are foundings like me, quirkless individuals adopted by the Mandalorian way at a young age.

Each summit usually consisted of discussion about today's politics and how Mandalorians should go about things. For the most part Mandalorians have remained rather secretive while doing some vigilante work and investigation. Although, all of this doesn't go unseen with Mandalorian sightings being somewhat rare to the outside world. But they do know of us Mandalorians. With the exception of clan Vizsla, the other clans have accepted this as the way to go about things, unseen heroic deeds while abiding by a code of honor.

As Bo Katan walked further into base, she waved off the other clan members, telling them to go about to what they were doing, and saying that she'd tell them what happened tomorrow. She looked in my direction and walked over to me.

"I need to speak with you in private, it pertains to what happened during today's summit."

I took my sword and walked with her to a room that no one was in. It had a few tables and chairs to each of the tables. She then sat in a chair and placed her Mandalorian helmet on the table. I sat opposite of her but didn't remove my helmet, something I could never do in front of anyone due to a Mandalorian oath that I took.

"Mandalore the Avenger has made some bold decisions, statements, and changes to how us Mandalorians should operate," she stated bluntly

"What sort of changes does she want to make, how are they so bold?" I asked, wanting to know more about what had took place.

"She wants to take measures to better the general public's opinion on Mandalorians. So far they mostly seem to not care for us, while some look down on us, in rare instances where our actions have helped individuals they look up to us, some just see us as heroic but nothing more than that. Overall, they're opinions on us are generally mixed, Mandalore thinks that its disfavorable and that we can do better. She wants Mandalorians to reintegrate with society while also preserving our culture."

"How does she plan an achieving such a task? Afterall it isn't exactly easy to do."

She then went on with her talking, "During the summit we had discussions on how we would go about this. We generally agreed that we should take small steps for this larger goal. That's when Jango Fett announced an idea of his. That we should select a young Mandalorian to become a hero in their heroic society. This Mandalorian's task should be to make all of us look good while acting and performing as one of their heroes would. We agreed that this was our safest option. Each Mandalorian leader was then given the option of nominating someone from their clan, I nominated you. After some debate you were selected for this task for an assortment of reasons, the main one being that this is something personal for you. Do you accept this task?"

Almost immediately I knew my answer for this, "I do."

Bo then picked her helmet up as she got out of her chair as she left.

"Excellent, I already have a contact in the hero society that I've worked with before. Hopefully he can help us arrange a meeting with the UA principal tomorrow, so you should get some rest."

As she was about to leave, she turned back around and smiled at me, "Make us Mandalorians proud. Make me proud, son."

I smiled back at her, but she wouldn't know that.

A/n: If you're already a Star Wars fan I'll assume you'll know who Jango Fett is and maybe Pre Vizsla since he was prominent in The Clone Wars. I'm not sure if anyone would know who Shae Vizla is so here's a brief rundown on her. She was a Mandalorian warrior during the Old Republic era and was often hired by the Sith Empire. She participated in the sacking of Coruscant and is even seen in the Old Republic cinematic trailer where Darth Malgus raids the jedi temple. Years later she was chosen as the Mandalorian ruler, calling herself Mandalore the Avenger. She is notably seen in the Star Wars The Old Republic mmorpg. This is her.

 This is her