𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Third Person POV:

Maria Hill scanned the space in front of her. Multiple computer screens at each desk as the agents worked day in and day out trying to get one little clue, maybe even a direct hit, on Yelena Belova.

Nick Fury came to Hill after Revna had given him the flash drive. He got the government off Revna's back, for now at least, and he wouldn't admit it out loud to anyone other than Maria and Natasha, but he cared for Revna fiercely. She made Natasha happy like nobody ever could, and she already had his blessing.

If Revna Liv wanted somebody found, well then dammit he was going to make sure she was found.

"We got a hit!" One of the agents screamed, everyone perking up at the news and even Maria, who had to blink her eyes open a few times, ran towards the agents desk.

"What do we got?" Hill asked.

"One of our bases in Russia called. There was an explosion at an Inn. They found a body." He informed.

Maria's eyes widened, "Any survivors?"

The agent shook his head, pushing up his black rimmed glasses, "None. But they managed to get a hit on a face. We ran it through the files, got a thirty five percent match that it could be her."

Hill nodded, "Well it's something. Get me a copy of the file. We got a lead, we need to follow it. Good work, Agent."

"Thank you, Commander."

-

"Director Fury, do you have a moment?" Hill asked her boss, standing in the doorway of his office with a Manila folder tucked under her arm.

"Come on in, Hill." Fury nodded. Hill came inside his office, closing the door behind her.

"We got a hit," Maria started, setting the folder in front of him as Fury began going through the pictures and files, "An Inn in Russia was blown up, set aflame. Only one body was found. There weren't any survivors."

"Do we have any identification for the body?" Fury asked looking up at Hill.

"No, sir. Our only guess was that maybe it was the innkeeper."

"You think Yelena Belova did this?"

"We got a thirty five percent match that it was her. The cameras were a little foggy. Whoever it was, knew how to stay as out of sight as they could. They left no trace."

Fury nodded, "Get in touch with our Russian base. This is now under S.H.I.E.L.D jurisdiction. I want a small team to go and check things out, see if they police missed anything. I'll get in touch with Revna."

"Right away, sir." Maria nodded, leaving Fury's office. It was going to be a long night.

Revna's POV:

My ears perked back and I tightened my grip on the axe when I heard the sound of an SUV pulling up and into my long driveway. When I noticed the familiar license plate I loosened my grip on the axe, watching Nick Fury get out of his car.

"Natalia's taking a nap. You're welcome to stay until she wakes up." I told him when he got closer.

Fury stuffed his hands in his pants pockets, "I'm not here to see Romanoff. But it's nice to know she is finally getting some sleep. I'm here to talk to you."

"About?" I asked, the silence between us made me realize exactly what he was here for. He had found her, "Where is she?" I asked.

Fury sighed and handed me the Manila folder and I slammed my axe down into the tree stump.