Chapter 37: Revelations

I'm now seriously on edge.

Before I could ask any questions last night, Marco walked straight passed me and into papa's office. I could hardly walk in there and confront him in front of everyone so I just when back to bed. However I didn't get a wink of sleep last night and am now exhausted. 

I was pretty much a zombie throughout the whole hair and make-up process. And I felt like I was having a mini heart attack every time I saw Marco with one of my brothers. Everything's just been so hectic that I haven't managed to get him alone yet. I mean I could be worrying for nothing; he might not have been talking about Jaxon. For starters how would he even have found out, and I'm sure that he would've told my father by now if that was what he's referring to. Maybe there's something else I've done. But I can't think of anything. 

Despite my zombie state I've managed to put a smile on for my parents and brother. This is Manny's big day and I need to be supportive.

Guests have been arriving for the last 2 hours and trying to focus on conversations wasn't easy. As Armano's siblings, the boys and I have had to interact with pretty much everyone. The same old pleasantries way too many times. Mama and Papa stood proudly together whilst Armano stood with his wife, Mia. I was a part of the younger trio, standing with Ales and Alfie.  

Just as another couple walk up to the three of us a loud voice is heard through the speakers, "The ceremony is soon to begin, if everyone could make their way to their seats Please." We were in a big hall, used whenever we host events. The hall is only a 30-minute drive from the mansion which is pretty handy for us. 

Everyone took their seats at the tables lined all the way around the hall as the boys and I walked to the top table, taking our seats. The way this was going to work is that Manny and Papa will do a little speech then we'll be served dinner and drink all night long basically. A little like a wedding after party. 

I zoned out through the speeches just keeping my eyes on Marco. I clapped and laughed when everyone else did to make it look like I was paying attention. Every so often Marco would turn to glance at me which just made me even more uneasy.

The speeches went on for a little while before eventually everyone stood up clapping. I joined them, before Manny and Papa walked off of the stage and Manny shook a few hands on the way to our table. As he got closer I gave him a big genuine smile. I'm happy for him. 

He came over to give me a big hug. "I'm proud of you Fratello." I whispered in his ear. "Grazie Sorellina."  He replied kissing my head. He then went on to talk with our brothers and cousins. 

We were served dinner which was delicious, then eventually got to the dancing stage. Most couples were up dancing in the middle of the floor. I was the only one left at our table since my brothers had all found themselves girls to dance with. Bella and Gia had also been dragged up by the boys but I refused to go up. There's a few good-looking guys here that I wouldn't mind dancing with to get my mind off everything, however there's just one thing stopping me from that. Brothers. There's absolutely no way they would allow it. 

As I look around the room, I spot Marco staring at me. We look at each other for a little before he walks off out one of the doors. I quickly get up to go after him. This is my chance to get him alone.  I manage to get past everyone and make it to the door. When I walk through it just leads to a long hallway. I huff knowing ill need to find him now. 

I'm about to open the first door when I notice that one further up is open. I hesitantly make my way over to the door and push it all the way open. The room is mostly dark, but I can still make out the silhouette sitting on a big table in the centre of the room. Marco.