Chapter Nine

(A/N: please don't be afraid to leave comments! I'd love to hear the thoughts from my readers!)

"Wait, so if Peter's your neighbor, how did I piss him off?" Stark broke through the silence, when you were all about halfway done with packing. Between you, Stark, and Peter, it had barely been over an hour. 

Apparently, Stark really had felt bad, and was helping you move. He actually called a moving truck to come to the apartment complex for you.

"Y/N..." Peter stressed, warning you to watch your answer. He looked up to, and worked for the tinman. Of course he wanted to be in good light.

"Not him. It was actually... Jeff, who lives somewhere around here, but I just reference him as a neighbor. He doesn't actually hate you, he just hates everyone. I had just been giving an excuse."

"Yes. Yeah, Mr... Morrison. He lives around here somewhere." Peter jumped in with your lie.

"Jeff Morrison. I'll have to look him up later."

You heard snickering behind your back. Assuming it was Peter, you roll your eyes at his playfulness.

"So, just wondering, do you have any hobbies or certain quirks about your living space that I should put in?" Star- Tony, asked you.

"Besides trying to avoid having jet black walls? Not much."

"Not a fan of grunge?"

"Nope. It just makes it way harder to ignore the white print on everything."

"Speaking of, what does it look like? Exactly? Like, is it in cursive or something?"

"Depends. Super secrets are in cursive, but labels are usually normal. It's weird. I feel like there's more to it, but... I can't tell."

"Like you don't know, or you won't tell me?"

"Yeah. Something like that." You sigh, and pause slightly while tapping the latest box. You couldn't remember half your life. You were quite literally having to rediscover your entire self, and everything that came with it. You had to make leaps of assumptions, more often than not. 

Like how you like pineapple. Did you actually like pineapple beforehand, or did you change your opinion about the food?

You start to feel pressure at the back of your head again. This time it started out stronger, but yet again, thinking it nothing more of a headache, you ignore the increasing discomfort and throbbing, making a mental note to grab some Advil before you leave your apartment.

Luckily for you, Tony had taken your sudden saddening as a sign to shut up, and quickly got to bringing more boxes outside. Peter was inside helping you carry some of your heavier items, thanks to his super strength, although you were watching to make sure he didn't strain himself. You were packed up before you knew it. 

The three of you then headed to the tower, so that you could unpack, and Peter could get officially looked at by Bruce. It seemed he was the doctor of the team. You reached the front of the tower not much later.

The tower was huge. Now that you were living here, at least temporarily, you had taken the time to familiarize yourself with the surrounding rooms and floors you had access to. Which didn't seem to be that much. Sure, if you really wanted to go somewhere locked in the tower, you probably could, with enough willpower. But why break their trust by being intrusive? The team probably already hates you, and probably fear you as well. Is it better to be feared, or to be loved?

After your first few hours unpacking and such, since your room was finally clean enough, you let Leo out of his carry case. He wouldn't have hesitated to jump in all the boxes, but you needed that space while unpacking. So he sat there waiting.