♤・Brat・♤

Mom was busy again so I had nobody to play with, so I walked through town. I walked down some steps and bumped into someone, and fell down. Of course, it was the mean kids.

Just my luck.

I was cornered against a wall to a building, and I had nowhere to run. The leader walked straight up to me. "Lookie lookie what we have here. A lil' pipsqueak." His voice boomed throughout me. I trembled as I saw a punch coming straight at me. I braced my frail body for the impact, but it never came.

"Leave her alone!" A boy yelled, standing in front of me, catching the punch. "And what if we don't!?" The bully threatened. 

"I'll break you arm."

"Try, runt."

The boy roughly twisted the bully's arm, causing him to yelp and cry.

"OKAY, OKAY. LEAVE ME ALONE!" The bully yelled, taking off the opposite direction with his minions following.

The boy turned around and held an arm out to me.

"Hey there! You okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?"  He asked, flashing a smile at me. I shook my head as he beamed a second smile at me. 

"Glad I got here in time! I'm (F/N), what's your name?" He asked, reaching a hand out for me to shake. I took his hand and spoke.

"(Y-Y/N)" I quietly spoke, not above a whisper.

"(Y/N)...! What a nice name!" He said, pulling on my hand as he begins running, me running along. "Let's play, yeah!" He yelled happily, looking back at me.

"Y-yeah!" I said quietly put happily, also flashing a small smile.

My first friend.

Levi POV 

I talked with Erwin about everything that happened with today's experiments, and what happened with the brat.

"Maybe we are pushing her a little bit. She did only come here about a day ago. Let's let her relax, get more adjusted to being here, then we could try again. It looks like today has wiped her out." Erwin said, looking over to the brat and chuckling. I turned my head and saw her.

(sorry if its bad i haven't rlly drawn on paper since a couple months ago i've been doing digital recently and i couldn't get my program to work, and that is just how i picture (Y/N) but if you'd like you can imagine (Y/N) however you like ofc)

The brat was cuddled up next to some fluffy pillow on Erwin's sofa. Today must've made her drained. I barely chuckled, muttering a "She must be exhausted.", then turned back to Erwin. 

"But I suppose that would work better than rushing the process. I have some paperwork to get done, I don't think there is anything else to report." I say to Erwin, standing up straight from leaning against the wall. He nods and says "Dismissed" and I walk over to the brat.

I lift her up as gently as I could, trying my best not to disturb her sleep. I couldn't help but feel slightly ashamed for putting too much pressure on the brat. 

I had one of my arms carry her, while the other supported her as Erwin held kept the door open for me to leave.

Walking through the halls wasn't very noisy, until both Eren and Jean decided to walk past. They aren't a huge problem apart, but things get messy when you mix the two. 

Of course, they were bickering, until I cleared my throat, poking their attention, also causing the brat to slightly wake up.

I glared at them, keeping them silent as the little brats eyes slowly fluttered open and closed, then falling back asleep. I dropped the glare and continued to walk, while having Eren say how cute (Y/N) was and Jean even nodded while Eren talked, signaling he agreed. That was a first.

I sighed once I was back inside my office. I was lucky I didn't run into any more brats. 

The little brat was still asleep, so I set her down on the sofa across from my desk. I guess the brat noticed me letting go of her, because she started to wake up, though I didn't notice until I was at my desk, already beginning to work on a stack of papers.

She yawned and sat up a little bit. "You up?" I asked, not taking my eyes or the paper work I was reviewing. I heard 'Mhm.' so i kept continuing to write, until I felt a little tug at the and of my Wings of Freedom jacket. I looked down to see the little brat. "What is it? I'm working." I asked, looking down at (Y/N).

 I had to admit. 

She was a cute little shit.

"C-Can I sit with you?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers. I sighed, then leaned down and picked her up, then sat her down on my lap, continuing to do work. "Fine. Try not to disturb me."

She cuddled onto my chest, laid back, and kept quiet, besides a few yawns. I played with her hair a bit as I continued to write, but not long after she fell asleep, faint little snores escaping her mouth. I kept her with me as a I kept on writing on each paper in the large stack on my desk. 

I heard the door slam open, and I didn't need to look up to know it was Shitty glasses.

 "SHOR-" "Four eyes I swear if you wake up the brat i'll kill you." I interrupted, flashing a deadly glare at Hanji. "She is so adorable..! It looks like she's taken a liking to you, yeah?" Shitty Glasses smirked while fan girling over the little brat. 

"I guess the little brat likes me." I mutter, continuing to write. "I heard that Shorty! Admit it! You also think she's adorable!" Hanji chirped, walking up to my desk, viewing my papers.

"Wait.. there's an expedition coming up?" 

"Yes, in a couple of days. We plan to scout new areas. Do you not pay attention to your paperwork?" I said, darting my eyes up to four eyes. "Haha! I don't even do my paperwork! But.."

"What?" I said, trying to get her to get to the point. "Who's going to take care of (Y/N)? We need both your squad and mine to go, along with us and Erwin."

I thought for a second then realized. "Shit, your right. We have to go and she needs to stay."

"Y-your leaving me?" (Y/N)'s small, tiny voice pipped up.

Shit. When did the brat wake up?