•30•

I get the tree in the stand, and Eliana starts untangling the lights. She lets out an obviously frustrated sigh, and I turn to help her untangle them.
"My sister is doing drugs." She says.
"What?" I say in confusion.
She walks over to the table, grabbing a little pink box and hands it to me. I open it up, seeing weed, joints, and Xanax.
"She's doing xans?" I say and Elianas eyes widen. I'm guessing she didn't know what kind of pills these were..
"Oh my god.." she mutters.
"I noticed my pills went missing a couple weeks ago.. now I'm starting to think that maybe paddy stole them and they're doing it together." I say.
"Oh god this is so bad." She says nervously and I grab her hands, trying to calm her down.
"There's nothing we can do about it right now, so just let it go. We will take care of it tomorrow."
"Okay.. you're right." She nods.
"Now let's get this place christmassy." I say, and continue pulling out the lights.
She goes through the boxes, pulling out some Christmas colored pillows, and wall hangings. She pulls out a frame, and I notice how her face falls. Should I ask?
"Before we decorate.. I need to do something." She says.
"Okay." I nod.
She takes the photo out of the frame, and I see it's a photo of her and Jacob on Christmas Day. It's weird how unhappy she always looked with him..
"We need to burn it, and all the pictures I have with him. I want him gone, and I don't want any reminders. I'm moving on."
She lights the fireplace, and I help her gather all of the seemingly hundreds of photos with him. Every single one of them she either looks unhappy or is wearing her fake smile. I know what her real smile looks like, I have the pleasure of putting it on her face all the time.
She stands over the fire, and throws in the Christmas photo of them first, watching it burn until there's nothing left. She continues to throw handfuls in, and I can see how freeing this is for her. She has the same look on her face that she had when I took her to the rage room.
"Now I feel like I can decorate for Christmas." She nods to herself.
"Then let's get decorating babe." I say and instantly want to smack myself in the face.
I take notice of the blush on her cheeks as she walks past me, and starts putting the lights on the tree.
•Elianas Pov•
"Here?" Tom asks while up on a ladder to put the star on top.
"A little to the right." I say and he tilts it. "Well that's too far!"
"Ive been up here for ten minuets!" He exclaims.
"Just push it a little to the left and it'll be perfect." I say.
He nudges the star into the perfect position, and I take a few steps back to see the tree in its entirety.
"Perfect!"
Tom comes down from the ladder, moving to stand behind me as I appreciate the beautiful tree in front of us. He wraps his hands around my waist, and rests his chin down on my shoulder.
"It's perfect." He says.
He's so touchy all the time and before it was comforting but now it makes my heart flutter and it won't stop. Some small part of me just wants to grab his face and kiss him. I want to tell him how I feel, because if I don't get it out I think I might go crazy. Tom makes me feel a way that I never thought I could feel, and I want to spill it. So bad.
I turn in his arms so that I'm now facing him, our bodies touching and our faces so close. This is it. I need to do this. Even if it goes badly.
"I need to tell you something." I say nervously.
"Go ahead." He encourages.
I look into his eyes, and start giggling uncontrollably. His brows knit together and I cover my mouth with my hand.
"What is going on with you?" He laughs.
"I'm sorry I laugh when I'm nervous." I say, trying to take a deep breath, but it doesn't help too much.
"You're so cute." He mumbles, and I feel my laughter dies down and the butterflies arise. This is it, just do it Eliana, because if this goes right you may just get everything you've ever wanted.
"Tom.. I think I am falling in love with you."
He looks at me with a blank expression, and I start to get nervous.
"Y-you are?" He asks.
"I am.."
He grabs my face in his hands, his eyes flicking between mine. He rests his forehead against mine, and I feel his breath on my skin.
"I already am in love with you." He mumbles, and connects his lips to mine softly. I smile into the kiss, and his hand moves from my cheek to the back of my neck, pulling me even closer to deepen the kiss. I feel so complete with his lips on mine, I'm in pure bliss right now.
He barely pulls away, pecking my lips a couple more times before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly. I let my head rest on his shoulder, content with the thought that this could be the first day of forever. Tom makes me feel something I've never felt before- true, honest love.
"I was so nervous to say that." I admit.
"I've been trying to push it away for weeks now.." he says quietly.
All this time that we've felt this way about each other was wasted thinking our feelings wouldn't be reciprocated. Even though I never thought I'd be with someone like him in a million years, I'm not surprised I now am. We just fit.
"Now I can finally kiss you when you're not drunk." He giggles and I look at him with my brows scrunched together.
"What?" I say.
"Well.. you tend to get a bit smoochy when you're drunk."
"Smoochy?" I laugh.
"Mhmm." He hums. "You get really drunk, and then you kiss me something like this.."
His hand grips my jaw, and his lips press to mine roughly, his tongue slipping into my mouth. His hands move to grab my hips, his fingertips gripping into my skin.
"And then you always sit on my lap.." he mutters against my lips, falling back onto the sofa and pulling me to straddle his lap.
I connect our lips again, pulling at his curly overgrown hair. I feel him draw shapes on my back as he smiles into the kiss. I've never kissed anyone like this before. It's intimate and passionate and feels amazing. He pulls away, running his hand down the side of my face.
"And then I look at you, and your pretty pink lips.. wishing that you were mine. Now you are." he finishes.