Ch. 2 Fight Me Now

Book Cover Credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/Qing11502143

The picture Above: https://twitter.com/honlos/status/1326364670475735040?s=12

Please ★ (Star) this Chapter if you enjoy reading and give some feedback! That would really help! ❤

Warning: Explicit language.

"Z-Zhongli-sensei?" The name slipped out of Childe's mouth as a question because he didn't know the man sitting in front of him. There was a strange sensation of familiarity, yet Childe couldn't grasp the fraying threads that hung before him.

Zhongli ignored him the first time he called his name, talking with another associate behind the counter in the front. Childe gritted his teeth, feeling his temper rising. Childe had made a name for himself among his coworkers and fellow Harbingers with his easily-angered attitude and war-crazed mentality. The only one on par with his attitude was Scaramouche, that asshole. All his subordinates learn to deal with temper eventually, but they all knew what annoyed Childe the most: someone ignoring him.

"Hey...Zhongli-Lao shi, right?" Childe smiled through his teeth as he raised his right hand, his hydro spear appearing into his hand out of thin air. With a snap of his left, electricity infused the hydro spear, the sparks crackling and falling everywhere, heating the bank.

Zhongli turned around from the frightened associate. "Ah, Gonzi, my apologies, how wonderful it is to meet you again-" He quickly dodged an incoming slice to the throat. "Is this the greeting they give in Snezhnaya?"

"You absolute fucker." Childe grinned wide as he slashed away at Zhongli with crazed eyes. "I know you heard, you fucker. Why did you choose to ignore me? I'll accept your apology, but only if you can defeat me." He raised a hand before Zhongli grabbed his arm.

"Childe, let's take this to the mountains. You are scaring customers away from the bank, and the Mora in here will suffer if I choose to fight you here. I do not wish for our greeting to be like this."

Childe scowled. "Oh? You think you are so powerful that you'll ruin this bank if you fight me? Oh man, I think I'm getting a little bit scared. The Mora in this bank? I'll pay for all the damage." He taunted out in sarcasm with a smirk, "That doesn't matter to me-Hey! W-what are you doing?" Zhongli firmly grasped Childe's collar before storming out the doors, dragging him out.

"You...will...go...to the mountains, and let's work this out, okay? Or do you wish to cut yourself to death after killing innocent civilians again?" Zhongli said, "calmly." Childe flinched and stole a glance at the man's face. When this man is angered, his face was on par, no, much worse, than the Tsaritsa, that old lady. He dissolved his spear and quietly walked alongside Zhongli, taken aback. Childe still felt the ever-raging fire to slice open Zhongli's throat for ignoring him, but now, there was something else that bothered Childe. Something about this contract didn't feel right. Childe knew that he wouldn't enter into a contract simply by conversation. He only listened to those stronger than him or on par with him. How could this man be stronger than him? Was he an Adeptus? One of the Archons?

Childe shook his head to himself. There was no way Zhongli was an Archon. The Archons were gods that watched over the land, and although the Tsaritsa is fucked up to the core, they weren't mortals. After taking the final step on top of Mt. Tianheng, Childe, slightly out of breath from the altitude, took a look around. The day was still bright, and the blue skies shone above the two men standing atop the mountain. If you had glanced down into the distance, you could see Liyue Harbor, where they had initially met.