zone 19: diary

2 years later

The population of zombies has been decreasing. Y/N and your friends have noticed less and less zombies are around your camp as well as when you go scavenge. It's awfully strange. It's like it's a ghost town but more ghost than zombie.

Hana's POV

"So are you going to shoot it or what?" I tease Changbin as he aims his arrow precisely at the deer in the forest. We are hiding behind a large boulder as we hunt for our dinner.

"Stop talking or no dinner for you," Changbin threatens me and I scoff. Changbin releases the arrow and perfectly impales the deer and it falls to the ground.

"Poor deer," I frown. Changbin eyes me and I laugh. "I mean, good job Changbin!" Changbin fake laughs and walks over to the deer.

"Hana!" I hear my name being called in the distance. I sigh and Changbin looks at me, noticing that I'm hearing something.

"What is it?" He asks.

"It's Haechan again, probably provoking a zombie. I'll be right back," I zoom away from Changbin and towards Haechan's voice.

I slice the zombie's head off with my katana and then cross my arms once it falls to the ground. Haechan is pressed against a tree with his eyes closed. He slowly opens them once the body falls and hugs me.

"Can you stop playing tag with the zombies?" I question and push him off me. Haechan laughs.

"It's funny watching them run after me! I told you, you should try it," Haechan suggests. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile at his ridiculousness. "You know the reason why there aren't many zombies around?"

"Why?" I question.

"I became their friend after playing tag with them and now they are vegetarian," Haechan laughs, making me laugh a little.

"Yeah, yeah. Did you catch any food?" I ask. I look at his traps he made to catch bunnies and rodents. He shakes his head.

"I think the zombies are eating them, to be honest," Haechan tells me.

"You mean your 'vegetarian friends'?" I tease. "Or maybe your trap doesn't work. It looks untouched," I point at it.

"I don't know why everyone likes you. You're always mean to me," Haechan whines and hits me. I smile and hit him back.

"Hey, I didn't know today was attack Haechan day," I hear someone say and see Mark.

"Of course, you just coincidentally show up," Haechan sticks out his tongue.

"You guys are so childish," I shake my head. "Why are you over here?"

"Yeah, shouldn't you be farming or something?" Haechan asks.

"Taeyong told me to come get you," Mark says.

"Okay, let's go," Haechan says and starts walking.

"Not you," Mark says and Haechan stops walking and turns back around. "Hana," I smirk at Haechan who looks foolish.

"Yeah, I knew that," Haechan plays it off as if he didn't make a mistake as Mark and I exchange glances.

"Did he tell you what it was about?" I ask and Mark shakes his head.

"Okay," I say and head back towards the base.

We are now living in a trailer park. We decided to stay far from the city so there are fewer zombies and people around to tangle with. As of right now, it's just me, Taeyong, Taeil, Johnny, Yuta, Haechan, Doyoung, Jungwoo, Mark, and Changbin. Jaehyun was last seen in SM Town before everything happened; He was recovering from his shot. We don't know if he survived or what happened to our friends after SM was killed. We never went back there in fear of being arrested.