Chapter five: Potions

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to @brookie158 because their comments gave me motivation to write another chapter! thank you for the support <3

Annabeth never realized how much she enjoyed being around others until she felt Remus's warm breath on her neck.

Annabeth had been reading the same paragraph over and over, her mind being elsewhere. She tried so hard to concentrate but the butterflies she felt in her stomach were overpowering her mind.

" Do you mind if I turn the page" asked Remus, his voice sounding nothing short of angelic

Annabeth shook her head no. If she spoke, she knew her voice would fail her.

As Remus was turning the page, James Potter ran down the stairs, being chased by Sirius.

" Oi, Prongs! Give it back, you git" yelled Sirius, tripping over his own feet and he ran.

" No can do, Padfoot. You decided to wake me up" laughed James.

Annabeth looked up to see James was holding Sirius's shirt in his hands.

Without realizing what she was doing, Annabeth found her gaze set on Sirius's toned stomach.

Her cheeks instantly turned a dark crimson but her view was disrupted as a pair of cold hands placed themselves over her eyes.

" Sorry love, can't have you falling for him" snickered Remus into the girls ear

" Trust me, that won't be a problem" replied Annabeth, a smile gracing her lips.

Sirius and James continued chasing each other until Sam came into the room.

" Will you lot shut the hell up?!" yelled Sam, his morning voice still very present

" Wouldn't mind hearing that when I wake up" said Sirius with a wink

Annabeth couldn't help the gasp that escaped her lips as she pried Remus's hands off her face. Did Sirius actually just say that?!

Sam's face was a dark red as he turned back around and ran up the stairs. Annabeth didn't waste a second before running after him.

" Did I say something wrong?" asked Sirius, looking absolutely dumbfounded.

Annabeth followed Sam into his dorm and threw herself onto his bed.

" Oh. My. God. Sirius just flirted with you" shrieked Annabeth with a girly giggle.

Sam sat there and stared at the wall. He had always thought Sirius was fit but never thought he'd have a chance. And even if he did, was he ready to put himself out there like that?

" No... he doesn't. He's a player, Anna." replied Sam, a slight frown on his face.

Annabeth was beyond confused. Why wasn't her best friend celebrating? Sirius was dashingly handsome and perfect for Sam.

" Are you okay, love?" the girl asked as she slowly sat up to face her friend.

" Yes, fine. We better head to class" said Sam, walking towards the door.

Annabeth followed behind Sam, not convinced that there was nothing going on in his head.

The pair headed to their potions class and were almost there when they saw a line outside the room.

" What is that all about?" Annabeth asked a random hufflepuff

" Slughorn is giving us assigned seats as we walk in" the girl replied before turning back to her friends.

Great.

Finally, after 10 minutes, Sam and Annabeth made their way to the door.

" Ah, Miss Prewett, lovely to see you," beamed Slughorn at his star pupil, " you'll be pleased to know I have sat you with one of the best. Remus Lupin."

Annabeth couldn't fight the smile creeping onto her face, her seat was perfect. It seemed as thought the brown-eyed boy thought the same thing.

Making her way over to her seat, she saw Sam making his way to Sirius.

" Long time no s-," Annabeth's sentence was cut off as she tripped over a cauldron, spilling dragon's blood on her robes.

" Oh Merlin, are you alright?!" asked Remus frantically as he pulled the girl up.

" Yes, fine, thank you" said Annabeth, her cheeks as red as her hair.

Sam's laughter could be heard across the hall as he watched his best friend almost barf from the smell she was now carrying.

" Mr. Lupin, would be so kind as to escort Miss Prewett to her dormitory for a change of clothes?" questioned Slughorn, a smile on his face.

" Of course sir" replied Remus

Annabeth quickly made her way out of the classroom , shaking from embarrassment

" Hey, hey, it's okay. No need to be embarrassed" said Remus as he jogged to catch up to her.

" I'll believe you once you look like Ted Bundy" sneered the girl

" I'm surprised you even know who that is" laughed Remus

" It gets boring over the summer, sometimes I read muggle newspapers" said Annabeth, hiding behind her hair

Remus grabbed her arm and pulled her back. He grabbed a piece of her soft, red hair and pushed it behind her ear.

" There's no reason to hide yourself, you still look beautiful" he said, barely whispering

Annabeth's face got as hot as the sun as she felt
his calloused hands against her cheek.

" We should probably get you changed" said Remus, his cheeks getting equally as hot.

The pair finally made their way to the Gryffindor common room and Annabeth led the way to her dorm.

" Shit" Annabeth cursed under her breath, " I don't have an extra"

Annabeth would never admit it, but her family never had enough money to buy extra clothes, let's alone a robe.

" You can borrow mine" said Remus, barely missing a beat.

" I couldn't do that" replied Annabeth shyly

" Don't be silly, come on" said Remus, intertwining their hands

Remus and Annabeth made their way to the dorm of the Marauders. It looked just how she expected...disgusting.

There were Wizzing Whizbees wrappers surrounding James Potter's bed, Guitar picks and broken hairbands were scattered across Sirius's unmade bed, and Peter's bed had more crumbs than she had ever seen.

Remus led her to his area of the room which was spotless. He had a neat stack of books on his dark grey beside table and his bed looked untouched.

" Wow, you guys sure are neat" joked Annabeth

Remus laughed louder than he intended and then handed the girl his spare robes.

" They may be a tad big but it's better than nothing"

He was right, they were definitely big. Annabeth was tripping every other step as the silky material was under her feet. She was constantly rolling up the sleeves that went way past her hand.

The only thing she couldn't complain about was the smell.

Her nose was full of tea, firewood, and a scent she couldn't quite place.

When Remus wasn't looking, she'd subtly place her arm up to her nose and indulge in the beautiful scent that was Remus Lupin.

A/N: i go back to school tomorrow ew. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. we are finally getting some real romance