XXXVIII - Adonis

Hey 👋. How y'all doing? Sorry for not updating. A lot of shit happened since I started writing this book in July. Let's see if we can finish before July rolls around again.

This is a new chapter and I republished the previous ones.

Adonis stood with his back to the house as he scoped out the premises

Adonis stood with his back to the house as he scoped out the premises. He knew for a fact this was done by that fuckhead Rico.

"Come out Greek, ain't no where for your bitch ass to hide."

Rico's annoying voice had him gripping his pistol tighter. He should've killed him when he raped his sister but he decided to let the justice system do their job. Now look at this. Job not done. They were sickening. Their ability to be bought out had him wanting to kill every worker at the precinct.

"Nobody hiding you fucking piece of shit. Why you come here with all of this shit?" Adonis asked stepping away from the wall and inching around the corner to see where Rico was at.

"You and I both know I don't give a fuck where we at," Rico laughed menacingly, "the place never stopped me before."

Adonis grasped the double meaning of Rico's words and let off a warning shot.

"How the fuck you come to kill me and hiding pussy?Get yo minion and get the fuck out."

As Adonis finally rounded the corner he caught a glimpse of Rico's Bruno Orlato flat Louboutins. Who the fuck even came to kill in designer shoes?

Adonis shook his head before firing at Rico's foot. He narrowly missed him as Rico edged to the front. The .45 suppressor on his .9 mm would hopefully help to silence the sound. It was broad daylight. He did not have time to do this with Rico today.

Adonis jogged closer to the front of the house where he saw Rico go. A glimpse over Sage's house had him seeing her parents fixing their clothes through their window. Ewww. He'd have to bleach his eyes.

"Yo Rico," he called when he finally reached the front and saw Rico trying to peer through the windows.

When Rico's eyes switched to meet Adonis', Adonis smiled cockily. He wasn't gonna kill him. He didn't kill people. He was sure going to put him in some pain however.

Adonis didn't even take note of how Rico never stopped smirking even when he raised his gun.

"Sage," a female voice called from next door. Adonis could only assume it was Sage's mother. He barely had time to put down the gun before he felt the stinging pain of something piercing his skin through his shirt. The force was enough to knock him to the ground.

Fuck. He has just been shot in his shoulder from the back. But what did he expect? He was dealing with Rico.

"When your bitch come out the house, tell her the next time I see her, I'ma fuck her. I was gonna kill you but that's too easy. Come on Costa," Rico beckoned his minion as they both walked towards Range Rover across the street.

"Yeah what he said," Costa said in awful broken English looking back at Adonis as he had passed him.

"Shut the fuck up Costa and come on. Ain't bringing you anywhere with me again."

Adonis fumbled around for a few minutes before mustering up enough energy to push himself off the ground. Costa had shot him from close range. Stupid Spanish piece of shit. The impact was greater.

"Adonis," Sage called out as she ran to the front of the house where Adonis sat.

"Hey," Adonis flashed her a lazy smile.

"You're shot," Sage voiced out in surprise.

"Shit bae," Adonis pressed tighter, "I ain't even know. That's crazy."

"Shut the fuck up before you get another," Sage said as she as she tore a piece of his shirt to tie around his wound.

"Sage you don't even know how to use a gun," Adonis laughed through the pain, "and yo momma calling you."

Sage picked up the gun and flipped it, putting the safety back in place, "I don't know how to use what?"

"Damn. You just got sexier. Lemme get a kiss. I need to go get stitched up."

"No I can ask my dad to stitch you up. He's a surgeon."

"Nah. I'll go home and ask my momma to fuck around with it. Can't be asking your dad to stitch me up when all I think about is fucking you."

"You're so crude. Come on. He won't say no. Just don't say anything outta pocket."

"Yeah," Alijah repeated from behind Sage. Neither of them knew he was behind them.

"No promises. Aye, where Marcus at?"

"That nigga still in the shed,"Alijah laughed causing both Sage and Adonis to laugh too.

"Come on," Sage said, "let's get you stitched up."

••••

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

March 25, 2021