Evening Patrol

A few months later:

It was morning time and I was currently doing my usual training regiment. Right now I was doing some target practice with my blaster pistols. So far I was hitting every single target. I was at it for about 20 minutes, that was until I noticed another Mandalorian watching and observing my shots. Still, despite now having an audience, my skill with a blaster didn't falter.

Soon enough the other Mandalorian approached me and I quickly recognized them. It was a Mandalorian by the name of Axe Woves, he was there the day I was taken in as a foundling. Since then he's been something close to a mentor or a friend and I've been on many missions with him.

"There's no doubt that your highly skilled with this blasters of yours," he said as he examined them, "but mastery of these blasters may not be enough to make it through UA's Sports Festival

"There's no doubt that your highly skilled with this blasters of yours," he said as he examined them, "but mastery of these blasters may not be enough to make it through UA's Sports Festival. I hear that some of those guys at UA are physically strong. You need to possess the strength and the resolve to keep up with them. Come with me, we should spar. Prove to me that you have what it takes."

I then walked with him to the sparring area and I stood opposite to him. He started a timer and then we began. A series of punches and kicks were then sent at each other. Early on we each managed to either dodge or block the other person's attack. And we both fought each other which for me felt like forever. I held strong for a good while but slowly my combat skills began to fail me. With me taking some punches and kicks. But, it seemed Axe started becoming exhausted too, his skill becoming somewhat sloppy as well. A little while later, Axe called the fight and we took a breather.

Once he caught his breath he started to talk, "1 year ago, you would have folded in 30 minutes. Our match just now, lasted a little over an hour. And you even pushed me to my limits just now. This never would have happened a year ago, you've made significant progress. Enough progress that I think you're physically prepared for UA. If that isn't the case, then I believe that your mastery of Mandalorian weapons and your armor would do more than make up for it. Stay vigilant."

As he was leaving the room, he turned back around to tell me something.

"I almost forgot to tell you something, M/n. I was asked by Bo Katan to tell you that you'll be going on one of those hero patrols that you've been doing recently. She wants it done sometime this afternoon, that's all."

Another patrol? For the most part those things have been pretty uneventful. At every patrol I've been on nothing has happened and it was just me sneaking around the city in Mandalorian armor, although I don't think anyone's seen me yet. I guess this is something heroes go through on a daily it seems. Going on patrols even though nothing might not happen. Then again today something might come up, you could never know. You'll only know when you're right there on the spot. It can't hurt me if I go and I'll just have to get used to the possibility of something not happening.

Some time later that day:

I had my armor on and all of my gear was ready and equipped on me. At least all the gear I thought was necessary. I'm not taking any Whistling Birds or my long rifle since I figure that in these situations of just patrol, they wouldn't be needed. All I had on me were my two blaster pistols, grappling cable, poison darts, flame thrower, sword, knives, and my electric bracers. That was all I'll be needed. I then left and headed into the city.