Chapter 159: Strongest

"It's time to get up."

Lin Ye jolts awake when a big hand slaps his shoulder. He looks around in confusion. Then, he sees a well-chiseled man next to his bed.

Ansel? When did you...

Lin Ye almost reaches out to poke those abs and tease "Ansel", before, he realizes it wasn't Ansel. It was ACE.

He hauls himself out of bed and asks, "What time is it?"

"Just past eight.", ACE says, "I wanted to let you get some more sleep, but it's time for breakfast."

"Breakfast?" Lin Ye pauses to look around, wilting a bit when he finds no food.

ACE laughs, "Did you really think they would deliver food for us? This isn't a 5-star hotel."

"Right.", Lin Ye smiles bitterly, "I'm just not fully awake yet."

"I can see that.", Ace pats his shoulder again and says, "Come on, let's get ready. The others are already waiting for us."

Before Lin Ye can ask him for more details, Ace had already left the room.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

After using the bathroom, Lin Ye leaves his room with ACE.

The building's cafeteria was on a lower floor, so by the time they finally arrived at the cafeteria, Lin Ye saw that the other people from Rhodes Island were already there, as Ace said.

Meaning they were the last ones to arrive.

Even Ifrit had arrived before him, he could see her having breakfast besides Silence.

Lin Ye grabs a plate and fills it with food. Then, he finds an empty table and sits down to have his breakfast, but the peace he hoped for is thrown out the window, when Ifrit runs over to him.

"Lin Ye!", Ifrit manages to whisper, despite her obvious excitement, "Let me call Saria again, okay?"

Lin Ye sighs softly and shakes his head, "Sorry, no can do."

"What?!", Ifrit recoils in surprise, "Why not?"

"Your mother wouldn't allow me."

"Silence is going out today.", Ifrit says, "We're the only ones staying behind. If you don't say anything, Silence won't find out."

Lin Ye rolls his eyes.

"Last night,", he takes a quick glance at Silence first. Silence was talking to Ace, but just in case, Lin Ye lowers his voice, "did your mother say anything to you?"

"No... and can't you just call Silence by her name?", Ifrit frowns, "It feels like you're always scolding me."

"Isn't she your mother?"

"She isn't related to me.", Ifrit huffs in annoyance, "We're not even from the same race."

"Oh, what's she to you then?"

Ifrit falls silent. After thinking for a while, she lowers her head and whispers, "She's like my mother."

Lin Ye suddenly finds himself patting her head, but to his surprise, Ifrit doesn't pull away from his touch. Perhaps she was starting to enjoy it now.

He shrugs, "That's what matters the most, right?"

"You're so annoying, you know that?", this time Ifrit does swat his hand away, her face slightly red, "Once Silence is gone, remember to lend me your phone."

Lin Ye shakes his head, "Nope."

Ifrit's brows begin to bunch up in frustration, "If you don't, I'll burn you!"