<< Introduction >>

I tried not to fall for a beauty like her

I tried not to fall for a beauty like her. But there was something so captivating about her that sent my heart and my mind in panic mode. She was the beauty in the dark. Someone my people told me to be afraid of, but when I was taken by her and her people I found something much more deeper. I found strength. I found that they were only trying to survive. They had these unbelievable aspects of life I never would have thought of on the Ark and when I was sent to the ground...It changed everything. It changed my life. It changed me. It changed all of us. But what changed me the most was finding someone who made me fall deeper than I would have ever. Someone who made life worth living. Who made me see that love can be a weakness but overall our love that we shared, our bond was stronger than everything on earth. It was amazing. Beautiful. Painful. Fearful. Exhausting. But hopeful.

And every moment I spent with her. Every single touch from her fingertips sent chills up my spine even when we first met face to face. There was always something there. Something I couldn't see for the longest time. And it took us a while...But eventually we figured it out. We found ourselves. We found who we were to one another. And when we first kissed...That's where I knew I could see a life with this girl. I could see a future under the stars. A future of where we fight whatever comes our way. A future where we grow and train the nightbloods together. A future where we wake in the morning to one another's eyes. A future where we say "I love you" every chance we possibly can or when we have to go on some expedition. Whatever it may be I know that wherever I am, wherever she is we know we won't be alone. We're never alone because we both live in the one spot where nobody can touch us. I live in her heart. She lives in mine.

"Heda," Titus' voice rings as he enters the commander's chambers. Lexa's eyes, full of tears, lift up and turn away from where Titus stands at the door. "Heda, we must-"

"No-" Lexa speaks, stopping the flame keeper. Titus drops his head nodding, but Lexa continues. "Now do not interrupt me again."

"But Heda-"

"Titus-"

"Clarke is here!" Titus speaks up, finally able to speak. Lexa looks to him tilting her head. "King Roan brought her here but we got more problems then that-"

"What are you talking about?" Lexa questions standing to her feet and shutting the journal she held in her hands. She walks over to a dresser, opening the top drawer and neatly places the journal she holds onto ever so deeply. The commander places it in and lets her eyes scan over her shutting her eyes a moment before slowly shutting the drawer and turning to face her teacher. But just as she does the door slams open with her guards coming in. They surround the room and a puzzled look takes over the commander. "Chit ste meaning kom Disha? (What is the meaning of this)?"

No one speaks. The grounders surround the room leaving the commander clueless as her eyes frantically look around. Titus turns swiftly and stands in front of the commander just as Jaha enters the room with his hands back his back. Lexa's eyes immediately turn cold as she looks to the man shaking her head.