𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 (chapter complete)

It was around 10 pm when Harry Potter decided to make his move on the girl of his dreams.
He was bored, dateless (his date, a beautiful, Indian girl called Parvati Patil had run off with a Beauxbatons boy because Harry wasn't giving her attention and was to busy staring at Aria) and most of all, annoyed, watching Aria dance with Draco.

He grimaced as he watched her beautiful face, laugh at something Draco had said.

"She looks like she's enjoying," Ron Weasley said, "I don't think you should spoil that for her."

Harry grumbled as his best friend took Draco's side.

"I'm not going to spoil anything. She did promise me a dance." Harry said.

"But don't go and mess up things for Aria and Draco. She likes him, it's obvious." Ron said.

Harry snorted. The day Aria liked Draco, was the day Ginny and Blaise would start dating.

"No she doesn't. She's way too nice for Malferret." Harry said, almost laughing.

Ron shrugged at this.

"Listen, I'm going and dancing with Ari. Who knows? Maybe she likes me back." Harry said, and walked off.

"He's delusional." Ron muttered.

Aria was enjoying her night. She and Draco were having so much fun, it was hard to think about anything else but him. After the slow dance ended, Draco took her to a table and started gossiping about the passer-by's.

"That girl just spilt wine on herself!" Aria giggled hysterically.

"And on her date!" Draco laughed.

Aria, laughing, pointed to another girl, with earrings as huge as dinner gongs. "Look at her! Oh god-her earrings just smacked that poor boy!"

Draco laughed as he watched, but found himself frowning when he watched Harry walking towards them , in a determined manner.

"Hey guys, how's your night going?" he asked Aria and Draco.

"Excellent..until you decided to show up." Draco muttered.

Aria nudged him playfully.

"Aria, a dance?" Harry asked, holding out a hand.

Aria glanced at Draco.

"Er-sure. I'll be back, Draco." She added, kissing him on the nose.

"Yeah." Draco said, uneasily, moving over to talk to Pansy.

Harry dragged her to the center stage and placed his hands on her waist while she placed them, a bit uncomfortably, on his shoulders.

They started to dance in silence, which was mainly taken up by Harry drooling over her close profile, while she glanced everywhere but his eyes.

And once the song came to an end, Harry decided, he could take it no longer.

"I really like you, Aria." he said, and leaning in to kiss her.

Aria freaked out. She had no wish to kiss her best friend.

His lips landed on hers and there was no spark whatsoever, Aria tried to pull away but Harry took this as enthusiasm and pulled her closer.

Aria finally pulled away and panted as she looked over to Draco, who was staring at her with an incredulous and extremely hurt expression on his face, while Pansy looked on in shock.

Draco turned away with tears forming in his eyes and started to walk away.

"No-Draco!" Aria called out as she started walking, before she stopped and turned to Harry.

"Thank you."

And that was the moment he realised that he had, completely and utterly ruined Aria and Draco's relationship..not to mention his and Aria's.

She ran after Draco, who was walking swiftly out of the room and into the outdoors.

"Draco, please! You have to listen!" Aria shouted.

He stopped.

Aria, with tears streaming down her face, smudging her makeup, "Dray, please, I swear I didn't kiss him-it was Harry! Please, I'm sorry!"

"It's okay." Draco said, in a braking voice, turning around to face her. "It's okay if you like him."

"No-I don't, Draco. I swear-I didn't w-want to k-kis-kiss him!"

"But you did. It looked like you really enjoyed it." Draco whispered, with an expression of pain on his face.

"No, I didn't, I didn't enjoy it, Draco. I don't like him!" Aria pleaded, crying.

"Listen. I just saw you kissing, Harry Potter, of all people, when you were supposed to be my date. I th-think I need a little bit of space, Aria. Just leave me alone." Draco said, in a pained voice.

Aria was left in silence, tears pouring out.

Draco left, walking to his dormitory. Pansy and Ginny ran out to ask her what happened.

"Aria, what happened? Why did Harry kiss you!? Did Draco listen?" Pansy and Hinny bombarded her with questions.

"Oh no, don't cry." Pansy said, wiping away her tears.

That just made Aria cry more.

"H-he said to leave him alone. H-he sa-says he needs s-space." Aria said, her voice breaking.

"Oh no." Ginny whispered.

Pansy started cleaning up her makeup.

"This is all my fault." Aria said.

"No it's not. If it's anyone's fault, it's Harry's." Pansy said, sternly.

"Yeah! He saw how happy you were with Draco, yet he decides to kiss you. It's sick!" Ginny said.

Suddenly, Hermione ran out, absolutely outraged.

"I can't! I can't believe him! He's outrageous!" Hermione was shaking with anger.

Hermione pushed Ginny and Pansy away, to hug Aria.

"Don't worry. I'm done with him. I drenched him soda." Hermione muttered.

"You didn't have to, but thanks Hermione." Aria said, weakly.

"Don't you worry. Would you like us to come with you to your dorm, Aria?" Ginny suggested.

"No, it's okay. You guys go and enjoy." Aria said, shaking her head.

"Are you sure?" Pansy asked, uncertainly.

"Absolutely." Aria said.

The girls each hugged Aria, and left hesitantly.

Aria walked to her empty dormitory. She changed into her night clothes and as soon as she hit the pillow, she burst into tears.

And she wondered...why and how, could a night that started so wonderfully and promisingly, end up with nothing but tears and broken hearts.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
Well, there.
Don't worry, everything gets better.

Ily!