Chapter 37

Wind blew around forcefully as the black jet slowly descended on the terrace of KDA.

It was already dark by the time Ash reached Kanto. It would have taken more time if not for the extreme speed of the aircraft.

After the safe landing, the doors opened as a small staircase was leaned against it towards the ground. With Pikachu on his shoulder, he walked down the stairs and was greeted by a familiar officer.

"Good evening Sir," the gentle voice said.

Ash looked at him and smiled.

"Good evening Bill. It's good to see you again," he said.

"Likewise Sir. I am here to escort you to the Elite room. Sir Lance and Miss Sabrina are waiting for you," he said.

"Alright, let's get going then," Ash said as both of left the terrace and entered the building.

All the officer who saw Ash greeted him delightfully. Some even ceased their work to talk to him.

'Feels good to be here again,' Ash thought with a smile.

Soon they reached the Elite Room. Ash thanked Bill and sent him back to work. He turned the doorknob and entered.

The dragon type expert was working on his desk while the psychic specialist was reading a magazine on the sofa. She didn't bother to look at the door and just ignored while Lance looked irritated at the fact who would dare to enter without permission.

"Who is it-?" he said glancing at the door, and immediately stood from the desk and formed a surprisingly smile on his face.

"Ash!" he exclaimed, walking towards him.

The name caught Sabrina's attention as she instantly got up from the sofa and hurriedly walked to the boy.

"Glad to see you made it," she said, smiling as well.

Ash greeted them formerly and walked towards the sofa. The other two followed his pursuit and took their seats.

"So.....any updates?" asked Ash as he made himself comfortable, crossing one leg on another. Pikachu sat beside him comfortably as well.

"Well, not since you have arrived," Lance replied as he sat opposite to him, not bothered by the gesture from Ash's sitting as he knew the boy hated formalities.

"How is your time going at the academy?" Sabrina asked.

The trio started to chitchat and catch-up on everything. Each of them started to fill each other out on what they missed. After 10 to 20 minutes of talking, Ash brought up the main shit.

"What did you guys find out about Cosmos?" he asked.

Lance and Sabrina changed glances.

"According to our sources, a few suspicious activity has been spotted recently in Kalos," said Lance, frowning.

"All we know is that there is soon going to be an assault on the Academy," added Sabrina.

Ash closed his eyes and thought deeply. This group of criminals were highly advanced in technology and very skillful too. Even Special forces like KDA had a hard time figuring them out. They were unpredictable in their movements. If only once, just once, Ash could confront them by himself, he would make sure all of them are sent behind the bars.

"They are holding more information back," Sabrina said, breaking Ash out of his thoughts.

"You mean the hunters?" he asked.

"Yes. Its like Lance told before," she said glancing at him. "They seemed to have been trained for interrogation like this."

Ash resumed his thoughts. If they really had more information on Cosmos, it should be spilled out right away. Who knew when the criminals will strike their target? Maybe it will be sooner than they thought? There was no time to waste.