02-Decision

"We all have decided something for you, I know it's too early to accept few things but it is for your own good I hope you won't let us down" I don't feel any good coming on my way.

"Aunty I don't get what you're saying" I quietly mutter asking her to speak up with direct words.

"Darling, we have arranged your marriage with my friend's son, he is well settled and a good looking guy, we have all accepted their request and now we want to know your answer " I hold back a gasp at this information—till yesterday it was only till if we can see for a guy' now they already chose even after constant denial, how can they?

My hand fists tightly in anger feeling like punching someone in frustration, her sentence clearly says they have agreed and arranged my marriage without asking me why are they saying me now they should have fixed the date of nikkah first and then inform me. I really want to throw tantrums like a kid but they are not my parents to take my tantrums with patience.

Allah, not this rubbish now, have they lost their mind it's just been two weeks my parents left this world and they want me to get Married there is no doubt they lost their mind. Even Islam allows us grieve for 40 days even when it's clear one day everyone should return to the One who created us.

"I am sorry aunty but I can't leave my 6 years old brother all alone here. He needs me" saying that I stand up to leave this toxic place.

"Jannat come back here, I didn't finish what I was saying, ya Allah this girl—" I could hear my Aunt cursing me and uncle calming her down.

Even when I tell myself hundreds of time that I don't care, but I know I still get pierced deep in my heart with each words they throw at me—its terrible.

Why is my life filled with drama can't I live a peaceful life without any worries or pressure. My bedroom door which I made sure to close it behind before walking in was opened slowly by my Uncle, Ammi's brother.

Not this man now everybody knows that I never say no to him that's why they have sent him here, I have huge respect for him but not today I am not gonna leave my brother alone here with these people.

"Jannat " he softly calls out for me before sitting in front of me and here I am trying my best to not cry like a kid, why am I so weak why do I cry so much, I take a deep breath before sitting comfortably in front of him.

"I did not come here to ask what your decision is I came here to tell you something about them about their family just listen and if you still don't want to get married then it's your decision I won't force you, I promise" he smiles at me squeezing my hand, after a pause of difficult seconds I reluctantly give him a nod.

"The person whom I am talking about is Zain, I have met him many times darling, he is a son which every parent wish. He doesn't have any bad habits. He is my best friends son. They have a big friendly welcoming family where I can tell you will live happily in your future that's for sure. He is well settled and has his own firm at such an young age. He is 26 and I am telling you darling he is very kind and respectful person" The whole time I was looking down at my lap couldn't meet his eyes, nibbling on my lower lip I stay quiet but couldn't control myself from letting the tears which I was trying my best to hold.

"And, my child. If you are thinking about Ayan, then let me tell you after your marriage he will live with you, they also accepted him when they asked for you" when I heard his sentence my eyes dart towards him in shock not expecting this atleast.

"yes they did not only asked your hand but they also want your brother to live with them, with you. They are kind people my child think properly and tell me your decision tomorrow " he smiles at me while gently patting my hair.