The Tea

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 26

I wasn't feeling good this morning. I didn't feel dizzy or something but my throat hurt a little and I couldn't breathe through my nose. I guess I got a little sicky. I don't care it was totally worth it though.

Either way I couldn't do much today. I refused to have Lily get myself some breakfast upstairs and joined them downstairs at the table. It is not like a drastic cold I caught so I hope it'll be gone in like two days. I really hope so.

After breakfast I went with Lily and Jack to go sit on the couch and watch movies. I haven't seen Johnny ever since we ate breakfast but Vanessa appeared here and then, asking if I was alright or needed something.

"Thank you very much but I swear I'm alright! Please don't worry so much." I repeated everytime she asked.

As we were watching the sequel of Kill Bill I heard some noise coming over from the kitchen. I believed it was Vanessa being the concerned sweetheart she simply is again. Which is why I don't know why I made the effort to take a look. I'm happy I did though because it wasn't Vanessa but her beautiful ex husband. I only saw like the half of him through the doorframe.

I bit my lip and lowered my gaze down to my lap as I thought of an excuse to get me inside the kitchen.

"I, uh, I'll go make myself a tea. You guys want some too?" I asked when I carefully put the blanket that had covered my legs to the side and raised to my feet.

Lily shook her head no with her eyes still glued to the TV screen when Jack asked me to get him some cookies. I silently nodded my head and walked in the kitchen, making sure I'd stand in a position where Lily and Jack wouldn't notice me drooling over their dad.

Johnny stood in front of a counter, making himself some coffee and looking cute as always. He lifted his gaze from the cup to look at my face instead and smiled briefly. "Hey." I breathed and got myself a cup from the cupboard above.

"Hi. How are you feeling?" He gently asked and took a step nearer to me. I sighed but smiled through it assuring him that I was fine and alright. "Everyone's so concerned, it's a simple cold." I chuckled and checked through what flavors of tea we had here.

My handsome man layed one of his hands on my shoulders and caressed the material. I didn't feel much of it though because I wore a pullover I guess I accidentally got with me. "Jack doesn't seem concerned.." He mumbled and grinned. I stretched out my tongue and retorted "hell now I'm feeling better!".

I found a tea with rosehip flavor and put it into the cup before walking to get myself some boiled water. Johnny's hand sank down to his side as I did so.

"What are you up to today?" I asked him and filled the water boiler. He sighed lowly and scratched the back of his head, only shrugging his shoulders as an answer for me. "Nothing to do without me?" I giggled and bit on my lower lip with my eyes like literally stuck to his precious face.

Johnny kept his eyes down but there was a smile creeping up to his lips. "I'm sorry though. I didn't want you to get sick after tonight." He whispered to me to where I almost couldn't hear it. I eagerly shook my head and poured the hot water into my cup. "Nah it's nothing. It's not your fault by the way. I enjoyed it too." I smiled.