chapter 10

The rath of shon reached the threshold of ang, vrushali decided to stay strong and face everything. As the rath rode on the streets, the commoners for the first time saw their queen, who always rode her own rath, hiding her tears in palanquin. The praja was also enraged by the act of their king. Some people stood near the gates of the palace to question the king and queen of the event that happened in hastinapur.

" We need answers angrani, how could our king order to disrobe the empress " Everyone was pondering on her. Shon tried to stop them, but vrushali decided to face them. She climbed down her palanquin and went to them. " Angrani, how could our king do so, we also have wives in our house, what if something like this happens to them " One of them spoke. " Is this the way to adress your queen" Shon glared angrily at them, but vrushali asked him to calm down.

Vrushali joined her hands, " I apologize for whatever that happened in the cursed sabha on behalf of amgraj. And I promise to you all that, nothing like this would happen to our sisters, mothers and daughters " She said politely. All of them went back to their houses and vrushali entered her palace, supriya and durva were waiting for her at the threshold. Seeing vrushali , in anger and hurt and lakshmana with her, they rushed to them. " What happened jyeshtha rani, where is arya? Why are looking so grave and hurt? " Supriya asked shaking her shoulders.

" Send lakshmana with meenu " She was able to speak only this much and went to her chamber. Durva and supriya were confused looking at her behavior, they tried to ask shon, but he also didn't answer properly. "They would tell us at the right time, let's not force them. " Supriya told durva, as if she was consoling herself. " Come lakshmana, let's go to your sakhi " Lakshmana held supriya's hand firmly, supriya noticed that she was scared, she sat down on her knees and cupped cheeks of little lakshmana.
" Putri, this is your home don't be afraid here " Lakshmana gave a small smile and they both went to vedangi's chamber.

Vedangi was too excited to meet her sister, she came running and hugged her. To her astonishment, her always talkative sister had become silent and fear was seen in her eyes. Take care of her " Supriya said and left. Vedangi took lakshmana to their garden and tried to make her laugh, soon dvipat also joined them. After many efforts lakshmana started smiling and started playing with them.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The next day, durva, supriya and vrishasen were Continously pleasing vrushali to come out of her chamber, but vrushali was hurt as well as stubborn. After much efforts, vrushali opened the door of her chamber and all three of them rushed in. Vrushali's eyes we're swollen and her eyes showed determination. Supriya kept hands on her shoulder, " Would you tell us now, what happened in hastinapur ? " She asked with care.

Vrushali told them everything, leaving them in shock. Supriya started crying abruptly, " Was this the reason, arya was trying to stop you from going there ! " Supriya was crying covering her mouth. " It's not time to cry supriya, it's time to give the men, punishment for insulting a woman " Vrushali said consoling her. A dasi came in and announced that karna had returned. Everyone was alarmed, " We need to be strong " She said caressing durva, supriya and vrishasen.

" Tell him to come in my chamber after half ghatika " Vrushali dismissed the dasi. " No one would meet him, before half ghatika, bring the children in my room, call shon bhrata also. She would be regretting for whatever he did  by now, but no one of us should melt, understood " Vrushali said calmly and everyone nodded.

After half ghatika, they all were sitting in vrushali's chamber, waiting for karna. A dasi came in and announced that karna had came. " Parihar " Vrushali ordered and all the das-dasis left the room.

As karna entered, he was met by angry glares of everyone, which was very much expected by him. Vrushali was sitting in the middle, all children in one corner and shon, durva and supriya were standing s little away from vrushali. Karna sat in front of vrushali.

" I accept my mistake, it all happened in the heat of moment. I didn't knew, this much damage would happen " He said sitting on the couch. " All these years, you were trying to make people understand that, you are not as they were thinking, and in a single heat of moment, your all efforts went in vain " Vrushali said coldly. Everyone present there were unfamiliar with this tone of her. " I've seen you always struggling to earn respect in this society of Kshatriyas, I am familiar with your struggle, your insults, but that doesn't give you permission to disrespect a woman. You said after you gave the order, you saw me in her, then why didn't that thought pass through your mind earlier? " " You always said that that , the rejection of draupadi felt like arrows piercing your heart and respect, did you ever think, you had also done the same to her, by insulting her " Vrushali's eyes we're grave.

" But vrushali

" But vrushali.... " This was all karna could speak. " You were trying to prove that we sutas also have dignity, bravery, then what type of bravery was it, when you saw a woman dragged in the court with open eyes? You have yourself spoilt all that you have earned. Respect, place in hearts of people everything. " All the children were looking at them awestruck, their father was depressed, mother and kakishree were constantly crying and kakashree had gone mute. Their elder mother, she had gone unrecognizable, her eyes we're stern, dry and her lips devoid of a slightest curve.

" I really apologize for my blunder, that's all I could do now, the time has gone from my hand, I've realised what I've done, I'm ready to pay for it " A sigh escaped karna's lips. " Not only you angraj, everyone will pay, even the people who were innocent, they would also pay " Vrushali gazed towards her children, with soft eyes and got up from her seat. Everyone's gaze was stuck on her now, her pretty face was devoid of any expressions, she was looking grave. She walked towards the door of the room.

Supriya dared to hold her wrist and stopped her. " Where are you going jyeshtha rani? " Supriya almost whispered. " My praja is enraged by this henios act in the court of kurus, I am fulfilling my duty as queen, I am going apologize them " Vrushali walked swiftly as the sound of her anklets rang in the corridor. Supriya, durva and shon accompanied her. All the children, who were frightened by all this hugged vrishasen tightly.
---------------------------------------------------------
Here I've portrayed vrushali as a strong lady, who would question her husband instead of crying. This is how I imagine her always, are you guys liking it?
Do let me know through the comments, they are much important for me.