Chapter 40

Persephone POV

Ever since Poseidon brought his daughter to the Underworld, I fell in love with her. She is so cute. It was like having a baby in my home again. Someone who I could take care of and love.

I'm just as surprised as Hades and Hestia with how Poseidon has changed because of Rhea. I feel sorry for any mortal male that falls in love with Rhea one day. Either she will break his heart or Poseidon will.

Rhea has seven days left before she has to find and return Zeus's bolt. There has been no sign of his bolt or the helm of darkness. Who could've taken them?

Rhea and her friends will arrive at any moment at this bus stop. It's time to kill two birds with one stone- Having fun for a day or two with one of my favourite family members, and taking Rhea to the Lotus Hotel. The only problem is that I don't want to spend time with the other two.

Rhea POV

We have another half hour in Las Vegas before we leave again towards Los Angeles. If I'm lucky, I can visit Uncle Hades and give Zeus his bolt back within the next two days.

Grover was still on edge. He is always on edge. I've never seen someone so stressed out in my life.

I feel sorry for the other demi-gods. I've never been attacked by a monster (excluding the Minotaur and that hellhound at camp). Annabeth and Grover still find it weird that we haven't been attacked or even spotted a monster.

We still stick close together nonetheless.

"Rhea," I hear a bell-like voice in my head. I look around frowning.

"Rhea, it's me, Persephone," I hear in my head again. I smile, looking in all directions, trying to find Aunt Persie.

"What is it?" Grover asks.

"Nothing, I thought I heard something," I said, and Grover looks jumpier.

"Rhea, go to the Lotus Hotel. Go to the front desk and ask for your room key. I'll see you there," Aunt Persie's voice travels in my head.

"The bus is leaving in ten minutes, Rhea. Let's go sit down on the bus before we struggle to find our seats when everyone else arrives," Annabeth said, swinging her backpack onto her shoulder.

"Uh...Annabeth, Grove, I think I see my mom over there," I tell them, moving away from the bus.

"Rhea, wait, come back. What would your mom be doing in Las Vegas?" Annabeth asked, walking after me.

"Mom!" I call out, trying to deceive the daughter of the goddess of wisdom and a jumpy satyr, heading towards one of the Valet's in front of a small hotel to ask where the Lotus hotel is.

I asked him where it was, and he showed me the way. Fortunately, the others didn't hear what he said.

"She's this way, follow me," I tell them.

"Rhea, wait up, we're going to miss the bus," Annabeth yelled out.

Fortunately, the Lotus Hotel wasn't too far away, and within a minute I was at the front entrance.

I don't know what Aunt Persie wants but I'm not about to say 'no' to her.

"What is your problem? We're on a quest, Rhea. You can't just run off like that," Annabeth seethes out and Grover looking just as angry.

"I know, I know. But this is important Annabeth. We have to be here," I say, pointing to the hotel.

"And how do you know that we have to be here, huh? You want us to trust you. We barely know you; it's stupid to just run off like that. You weren't even running after your mom," she half yells at me.