Treacherous 50

"Noir et blanc."

A/N: my birthday's on the 24th and I know I said imma update on that date on insta but hey I'm too excited about this so here yah go :) Btw, y'all gonna hate me for this chapter but know that I love you guys as well as my characters and it's a part of the experience. :)

"Miss? Where are you going?"

The girl didn't stop in her steps and continued making her way to the awaiting car. Jeju is all about fun. She may have come here to do some business and now that she's done with it, she can do whatever she wants. Besides, who comes to Jeju without at least experiencing a bit of fun?

Plus, her mother just infuriated her from their last conversation. She wanted to let loose. And that means she wanted to get far away from her assistants. Well, not really hers. Just people that her mother had to accompany her for the trip.

"Don't wait up for me, I'll be back late," she said, getting into the driver's seat. One of the assistants came close to her in an instant. She glared at the man.

"But miss, our flight back to Seoul is early tomorrow," the man insisted.

"Well then, if that's the case you might just go back without me. I'll go back when I want to. Besides, no one's even waiting for me back home," she threw her bag in the back of the car before starting the engine.

"But miss—"

"I said let me be, Mr Lee. Don't push it because I'm telling you, I'm very annoyed right now," The girl smiled sweetly yet her gaze told the man that she was not kidding. Her eyes were sharp and taunting.

Mr Lee could only step back with his head hanging low. Samarah smirked.

"That's more like it. Now scram," she told the man before stepping on the gas, driving away from the five-star hotel that she was staying at.

For once, she wanted to live her life the way she wanted. Have herself experience her own choice. Not having anyone to tell her what to do.

Fck life. Even for just one night, fck it and have fun. Because for sure, when she's back home, she'll have her headaches again.

They're all infuriating. Those people back home.

She slowed down upon seeing the red light. At the same time, her phone rang. She almost rolled her eyes upon seeing Secretary Ahn's name on her phone screen. Her mother's dear trusted Secretary.

Of course. What's new?

"Speak," she accepted the call.

"Miss Mara, please do not do something that will get you in trouble again with your mother. Go back to the hotel, please, miss. Might I remind you that you have to be home by tomorrow an—"

"I'm not coming home just yet," Samarah cut off, her eyes bored as she waited for the light to turn green. Of course, those good-for-nothing assistants will tell on her immediately to Secretary Ahn.

"Miss Mara, the Jeons will be having their family dinner tomorrow. You don't want to miss it and have your husband go alone again now, do you?" Secretary Ahn told her.

"He can survive one more night without me," Samarah only replied before ending the call. She even turned off the phone completely, already knowing that they'll be blowing up her phone seconds later.

Finally, the traffic light then turned green and so she put down her phone to focus on her driving again. She was just crossing an intersection when something fast and bright caught her eye from her left.