Chapter 30

"Jiraiya, why did you summon me?" asked a large toad.

"Ah shit... he just had to summon him, didn't he?" muttered Jiraiya.

"He is pretty... darn... big!" gasped Naruto.

"I found a line for my book," said Jiraiya with a grin.

"I am the one who summoned you," said Naruto excitedly.

"Really? You think I would believe a squirt like you could summon me, Gamabunta, the chief of toad summons?" asked Gamabunta with a roar.

"Uhh... yeah?" said Naruto.

"..."

"..."

"This is the first time I have seen Gamabunta shut up," remarked Jiraiya.

"Well, boss, could you accept me as your summoner?" asked Naruto.

"Why?" asked Gamabunta.

"Well, I thought that toads were too powerful... and also you are good friends with foxes and I am their summoner too..." said Naruto as he sweat-dropped at Gamabunta's attitude.

"That does help the case, but it doesn't satisfy me. How about a wager. If you can stay on top of my head by till the afternoon, I will accept you as my henchman," said Gamabunta.

"YES! I am gonna stick on your head boss, believe it," yelled Naruto excitedly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours had passed since they had made the wager. Naruto was sitting on Gamabunta's head, comfortably.

"Kid, are you comfortable?" asked Gamabunta.

"Yeah," said Naruto.

"Good, because the main show starts now," said Gamabunta as he jumped high in the air.

"AAAH!" yelled Naruto. Gamabunta spun and rolled in the air, and Naruto started to feel nauseous.

"Haha, we just began," he yelled.

After about two hours of torturous riding, Gamabunta had finally become tired.

"You are one stubborn kid."

"I told you I will stick to your head. I never go back on my words, that's my ninja way," said a dizzy Naruto.

"Hahaha, I like your spirit kid. Let's see for how long you stay like this," said Gamabunta as he once again started to jump.

It was almost the end of the day, when Gamabunta back-flipped, sending Naruto flying.

"Now you hit the ground, and lose the bet," said Gamabunta.

But Naruto made multiple shadow clones, each one grabbing the leg of the next one, as the first one grabbed Gamabunta's head.

"Time's... up," said Naruto as he fainted and all the clones disappeared. Before he could hit the ground, however, Gamabunta grabbed him.

"This kid... Jiraiya, he tops your time by 2 hours," said Gamabunta.

"What can I do, he is a true prodigy," said Jiraiya.

"I... will become a Hokage..." muttered Naruto.

"Take care of him, he might just be it," said Gamabunta as he disappeared.

"One more couldn't hurt I guess."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------