Chapter nine: Chat with the boys

Annabeth and Remus sat together for hours, never getting tired of each other's company.

Remus had been attempting to braid Annabeth's hair when Sirius Black ran into the room.

" Oh hey Moony" he said, trying to act casual

Soon after, Sam stumbled in

" Fancy seeing you here" said Sam, directed to Annabeth

Annabeth gave Sam her 'what the hell are you doing' look that he said seen more time than he could count

Remus simply just sat there, staring at his long-haired friend. He could easily tell when the boy was plotting something and it was evident in his face.

" So, moony. This is where you ran off to?" asked Sirius with a smirk

" Why yes, Sirius . He came to check on our dear Anna" said Sam in a fake posh accent

" What made you choose to call her Anna?" asked Remus.

Annabeth's face went blank and Sam's demeanor instantly changed.

"Doesn't matter" said Sam in a dangerously monotone voice.

Remus and Sirius gave each other a look but decided to just drop it.

" Well, come on. Poppy said you're free to go and it's almost halloween, we have planning." exclaimed Sirius, trying to lighten to mood.

The group made their way out of the infirmary and towards the Gryffindor common room.

As soon as she stepped in, Annabeth felt all eyes on her, specifically her left cheek.

Remus clasped Annabeth's hand in his own and gave it a comforting squeeze.

" You look badass" whispered Remus, his breathe hot on her face

The group made their way to where James and Peter sat, making light conversation.

" Hello, ladies" said James as the group approached

" Hope you haven't been bothering Evans too much while we were away" laughed Sirius.

Annabeth had never talked to Lily much but as she got closer to James, she realized how much she meant to him.

As if on cue, Lily strolled her way over to Remus.

" Hello Remus, are you available tomorrow afternoon?" she asked

Annabeth's body stiffed. She knew Lily and Remus didn't have anything between them but then again, what i'd they did?

" Of course, can't wait" replied Remus with a smile

Annabeth sat down next to Sam, quietly fuming.

" What's wrong with you" asked Sam

" Nothing" responses the girl, shortly

Sam decided to ask her about it later considering he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere.

Remus sat across from the brown-eyed beauty and tried to retrace his steps, wondering why she looked so upset.

They ate dinner with an awkward silence falling between the pair, their friends not knowing what to do.

///////

Annabeth sat in her queen sized with Sirius one her left and Sam on her right.

Annabeth and Sirius's friendship had become rock- solid as him and Sam had gotten closer.  They wouldn't admit it, but Annabeth could tell there were some feelings coming to the surface.

"Do you think he likes her" asked Annabeth out of the blue

" Who?" asked Sirius

Sam already knew what she was talking about, he always did.

" Remus liking Lily" Sam answered for her

Sirius's mouth started gaping like a fish as he tried to come up with a suitable answer.

" No... he doesn't like Evans" he replied

" How do you know?" asked Annabeth, sitting up in the process

" Anyone could tell, have you seen the way he looks at you? laughed Sam

" He looks at you like he's drowning and you're the only life jacket for miles" said Sirius, a slight smile on his face.

Annabeth's cheeked got hot as Sirius's words came flowing out,

Did Remus Lupin actually have feelings for the girl?

A/N: This is just a random filler lol