[ t w e n t y e i g h t ]

t w e n t y  e i g h t
f i n d y o u r s e l f

BEFORE SCOTT AND AMELIA COULD GET BACK TOWARDS THE SCHOOL, DEREK APPEARED IN HIS BLACK CAR

"Speaking of the Devil," she murmured.

"Get in!" He told the two, looking at them through his sunglasses.

"Are you serious?" Scott asked him. "You did that! That's your fault!" He was referring to Isaac being taken by the sheriff.

"I know that," admitted Derek, surprising Amelia. "Now get in the car and help me."

"I have a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer," was the thing Scott said, making Amelia roll her eyes. "Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house," argued Derek, looking at Scott.

"What do you mean?" Asked him Amelia.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

God, Isaac was really being treated so badly in his own home and she had no idea. Amelia felt terrible.

Derek opened the door and pulled the seat down so that Amelia could get in the back, but the girl shook her head.

"You go, I'll wait for Stiles," Amelia told Scott, making the Alpha roll his eyes.

"Amelia get in!"

"Ask him about my powers," whispered the girl to the werewolf before turning around, walking again towards the school.

She was no ready to confront Derek, and she was going to find another way to get Isaac out.

• • •

"Hey, sorry, Harris literally just let me out of detention," told Stiles to Allison as him and Amelia walked towards the jeep, "literally. And my phone died so I had to use Amelia's."

Amelia had to wait for Stiles outside Mr. Harris's classroom as he got out of detention, and that gave her time to think.

What if Scott was right? What if the connection with Derek was getting weaker, and so was she?

The girl proceeded to do some research in the library while Stiles got out, and she didn't have time to get out of detention so she put all of the books inside her bag, ready to look through them once she gets home.

Stiles and Amelia got in the jeep, getting to hear Allison's voice through the speaker.

"Well, we need to do something right now," she said as Amelia took out her disassembled bow and started putting it together. "They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and how she was bitten by Peter, and the all those questions about Amelia and her family and how she's the only left."