35

"So, how do you feel about a bath?"
-
-
-

Cedric immediately hops out of bed and over to his dresser, where he pulls out the golden egg.

"I overheard Harry when he opened it in the Gryffindor Common Room. The noise that came out of it was bloody awful, so I haven't opened mine yet," he says with annoyance apparent in his tone.

"What kind of noise was it? Was it like a high pitched ringing, or screaming, or what?" I ask innocently, pretending to not know anything about it.

He winces as he recalls what it was like.

"It was just a bunch of screaming. It was so fucking loud, I'm surprised it didn't burst anyones ear drums,"

I'm not really sure how I can help him without being too suspicious, but I'll just have to do my best.

"Well, I guess we're just gonna have to find a way to make it quieter with something that drowns out the noise. There's probably a hidden message behind the screaming," I shrug.

He sits on the edge of the bed and puts his head in his hands, thinking for a minute.

I sit next to him and put my arm around his waist reassuringly, as he mutters to himself different ideas, none of them truly being the correct answer.

"Wait, I have an idea!" I say excitedly, pretending like I just came up with it right now.

He looks up with his eyebrows raised, waiting for me to continue.

"What if you open it under water?" I suggest in a low voice.

He thinks for a moment, and then his whole face lights up.

He stands and picks me up, swinging me around playfully, causing me to burst out in laughter.

"Maxwell, you're a fucking genius! How on earth did you come up with that idea?" He asks in an exasperated tone.

I shrug innocently.

"I just thought through ideas of things that could drown out noise as loud as the one you described, but not completely mute it,"

He pulls my lips to his gently, smiling into the kiss. I can practically feel the excitement and happiness radiating off of his skin.

He pulls away and looks at me with a devilish smirk on his face.

"So, how do you feel about a bath?"

I roll my eyes jokingly, but my heart rate skyrockets as he heads over to his dresser, and pulls out a pair over navy blue swim trunks.

"I'll meet you there!" I say quickly, rushing out of his room and down the stairs.

My minds clouded with the idea of Cedric and I, alone together, in the prefects bathroom.

I'm hardly watching where I'm going as I continue to think about it, when I run into a hard surface.

"Aye, watch it, Maxwell," Mason Kennedy scoffs half heartedly.

I roll my eyes and shoot him a dirty look as I pass, still upset with him for not letting me into the Hufflepuff common room right away after Cedric's and my fight.

"Look, I'm sorry about our last interaction, alright? I was only looking out for Diggory," I hear him call after me.

"Yeah, whatever," I mutter as I continue towards my common room.

When I reach my dorm, I open it and see Sabrina Finch, one of my roommates, sobbing from the edge of her bed.

I think I've only interacted with her once or twice since I've been here, but nonetheless, she's always been kind to me, so I rush over to her and take a seat at her side.