46 || gonplei

WE RADIOED THE OTHERS, TELLING THEM THE NEWS THAT WE UNLOCKED THE BUNKER SO THEY COULD COME TO POLIS. Jaha and Monty went back to Arkadia to tell our people about the bunker so they could pack and prepare themselves for the next five years.

I heard some shouting going on in the woods so I went out to investigate. Of course, Trikru and Azgeda were fighting. But Ice Nation had our people tackled on the ground. Abby and Clarke were with them.

"Stop it!" I shouted loudly. The fighting stopped. "Release them!" I ordered.

"But, Commander-" One of the warriors began. The flame told me his name; Andrei.

"But nothing, Andrei. As your Commander, I am ordering you to release them!" I commanded.

"Roan. What is the meaning of this?" I demanded, looking to the King for answers.

"Welcome back to Polis, my King," I turned my head to see Echo standing on the slope above us.

"Echo," I seethed. Of course she was behind this. "Do I need to remind you, you no longer fall under the King's command?" I said intimidatingly.

"No, Heda," Echo rolled her eyes rudely, her words laced in distaste.

"Good. Now release Skaikru this instant!" I shouted.

Ice Nation moved their people to the temple doors, now no one could get inside. I did the only reasonable thing, I called a summit with all the clans.

We gathered in the temple. Indra and some of the war chiefs from Trikru's allies were already inside. The rest of the war chiefs and ambassadors made their way inside.

"Let's see what all the fuss is about," Roan said and pushed past Gaia and jumped down into the bunker. I rolled my eyes, Azgeda was never one to follow rules. Clarke went down straight after him. Gaia was obviously pissed that they wouldn't listen to the Commander. I jumped down too.

We walked into the bunker. There was some kind of pit in the middle. We made our way around the 'balcony' type area and down the stairs to the pit.

"All of my enemies in one place," Roan muttered.

Roan and Indra quarreled it out a bit before I cut in. I was starting to get angry. The end of the world was coming and these grown adults couldn't just agree to share the bunker.

"Enough!" I shouted, cutting in between their argument as I stood up and slammed my hands down on the table. "There is room for twelve-hundred people in here. We will share it equally. Among all the clans," I decided.

"No. Azgeda slaughtered my people. My family. They do not deserve to share this bunker," The Shallow Valley clan war chief protested.

"I will not share the bunker with Azgeda," Indra protested.

"I'm sorry, are you the Commander?" I asked the two rhetorically, causing them to drop their heads in embarrassment. I turned to the rest of the ambassadors and war chiefs at the table. "The clans will share the bunker equally. Anyone who has a problem with that can take it up with me themselves." 

They all knew what I meant by that. Anyone who had an issue with my decision had every right to challenge me.

Echo stood up. When the hell did she get here? "I have a problem with that."

"Do you now, Spy?" 

"I do," She said with a glare. "I... Azgeda would like to issue a challenge."