Chapter 44: The Mandalorians

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"But I thought there was only nine stormtroopers outside?" I protested.

"Unfortunately, they were expecting more troops to come here." Stormcaller explained.

"Sidero's troops?" I questioned.

"No, but these may have come from the base we were originally looking for." Stormcaller suggested.

My stomach dropped. That stormtrooper wasn't bluffing at all. But how could they have gotten here so fast? I quickly responded into the comlink. "What do we do now, Colonel?"

I waited for a response, but I heard nothing, making me nervous. All of the sudden, a group of Mandalorians barged in through the door. A grin grew on my face. Now we'd be able to make things right. There were seven Mandalorians that stormed into the base, making their way towards us. Part of me hoped that one of them was Din, but I was disappointed, when I saw none of them were Din. I knew his armor, and none of these had that armor that Din wore. These Mandalorians wore orange, dark green, and black armor, except for one who had blue and silver armor with yellow markings on the helmet and armor. Then again why would he be here? First of all, I broke up with him, and secondly, he had bigger problems to worry about such as reclaiming Mandalore. I was no longer his concern...

I mentally shook my head, returning to the matter at hand. I noticed Stormcaller, Padmé, Ivey, and Hugo trailing right behind them. Kempo, Sully, Brixie, and I quickly split up, spreading out through the room. I rushed over towards the stormtroopers nearest to me, raising my lightsabers. There were five stormtroopers around me. I swung my lightsabers around me, deflecting their blasts. Padmé charged through the room, taking down stormtroopers with her teeth. Two of the stormtroopers around me collapsed onto the ground after they were shot by their own blasts that I blocked. I struck the third stormtrooper's back, causing him to scream in pain. I then used the Force, pushing the stormtrooper onto the ground, where Padmé finished him off.

I quickly whipped around to face the other two stormtroopers, who charged towards me, firing away in an attempt to hit me. I swung my lightsabers around my body, protecting myself and deflecting the blasts. Once the stormtroopers reached me, I raised my lightsabers, striking their sides. They let out cries before falling to the ground. The Mandalorians quickly got through the stormtroopers in the room. My eyes then met Fafner, who was trying to flee from the room.

I rushed out of the room, following after Fafner. I followed him into a storage room filled with boxes of droid parts and other components. Fefner cowered towards a corner of the room. I slowly made my way towards him.

"Please don't kill me, I'm just a scientist." He begged.

"You won't die, but you will answer for all your crimes." I informed him, lowering my lightsabers.

He then took out a blaster, I thought he was going to try and hit me, but he aimed the blaster towards himself. I quickly reacted, swinging one of my lightsabers, slicing the blaster in half. Fafner watched in horror as the blaster crumbled into pieces, falling to the ground. I extended out my lightsaber, the tip of the blade lied just centimeters away from his neck.

"Try something like that again, and you may not speak ever again." I warned. "Understood?"

Fafner nodded vigorously as his hands trembled. I gave him a satisfied nod before I grabbed his arm. "Good, now get up."

I didn't have to tell him a second time, he climbed up on his feet. We returned to the main room to find all the stormtroopers dead on the ground. Kempo, Padmé, Stormcaller, Hugo, Ivey, and Brixie stood in the room along with the Mandalorians. Padmé approached my side at once, growling at Fafner.