𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈

HYDRA

Darla slammed her fists into the walls as she left the lab. She knew at some point the others would find out about her, but she didn't expect it to be this soon. She barely even knew them. She didn't expect them to find out about her past, to find out about him.

"Hey, hey, hey." Steve said as he ran over to Darla, his hands wrapping around her wrists. The blonde used all her strength and slammed Steve against the wall.

Steve's eyes widened. He wasn't expecting that. His eyes flickered down to the girl as he let out a quiet gulp.

"Sorry." She whispered and released him from her grip. But she didn't step away. She took a minute to steady her breathing before looking up to the man. "Did I hurt you?"

"No." Steve chuckled. "Are you okay?" He was genuinely concerned about the girl and her now split knuckles. Darla took a small step back, she nodded slightly.

"Fine. I just don't really want everyone to know everything about me, you know?"

"You want to be a mystery, a secret." Steve uttered, standing up straight.

"Something like that." She whispered back.

"Then let's find out what Fury's hiding before Tony decrypts the files." Steve suggested.

He was only doing this for the blonde girl. She had a secret that she obviously wanted to kept. Steve couldn't really blame her, she had known all of them for a day-if that.

Steve had lead the blonde girl to the secure storage unit, he kept glancing at the girl over his shoulder to make sure that she was still following.

"This one." She whispered and pulled him back slightly. Steve furrowed his brows. "I just have a feeling."

The blonde man used all of his strength to break the metal door and open it up. He took a quick glance down the corridors to make sure that nobody was going to come down. His hand found the small of Darla's back and guided her into the storage room.

Steve jumped up onto the railings to get to the second level, earning a confused look from Darla, who simply walked up the stairs. She shook her head with a small giggle.

"There was really no point in that." She whispered as she grabbed his hand and lead him through the room.

Steve was slightly taken back by the girls hand in his, but he didn't pull away. He just allowed Darla to lead him. He furrowed his brows as the blonde began to hum to herself.

"What are you doing?" He whispered.

"Humming." She answered obviously. It was a song that her dad used to sing to her, it always eased her mind.

"I-yes I know that. I mean, why?" Steve let out a small chuckle.

"Drowns the voices out." She shrugged. She was sobering up and the voices were coming back.

Steve nodded and pulled the girl back. She nearly fell over her own feet, but clutched onto Steve's bicep to regain her balance.

He nodded towards the crate. He reluctantly let go of Darla's hand to open the crate. Darla looked up to Steve, who seemed hesitant to open the crate.

She let out an over exaggerated sigh before opening it up. Her lips parted slightly as she saw a HYDRA symbol.

"Shit."

"Not what you were expecting?" Steve asked curiously.

"Oh no I definitely expected it... did you forget why I'm here? I'm just a little bit uhhh concerned." She responded.

"So, how do they work?" Steve paused as he closed the lid on the crate. "The voices."

"Oh, umm, well." She pondered for a minute, wondering how best to explain them. "They tell me obvious things, like, I know that you're going to take a step closer to me,"

As if on queue, Steve turned to face the girl and took a step closer. He didn't even think twice about it, but let out a small chuckle once he realised what he did.

"I know when I'm going to get hurt. I know when someone's going to die, or show up randomly. Sometimes it changes, depending on the person I'm with."

"What do you mean?" He questioned furrowing his brows curiously.

"Some people are easier to read. Like Bruce for example. I know exactly what he's going to do and when he's going to do it. I know his every move because he plans them in advance, he's predictable, he doesn't want to lose control so I guess it's understandable."

She stepped closer to Steve, tilting her head back to look up at him.

"But you, you're harder. I know what steps you're going to take, but they're always muddled. They're never set in stone. But the longer you think about doing something, the more I know."

"Why not?" Steve's breath hitched at how close the girl was.

"Depends on the person I guess." Darla shrugged. "Sometimes the voices make me so agitated that I burst into fits of anger. Which is why the cage for The Hulk, is kinda also for me. Fury put it in place as a safety precaution, incase I get too mad." She lifted up her hands and showed the man her knuckles.

He noticed the dried blood from earlier today and cuts that had previously scarred.

"It's not so much that I can see into the future, it's more like I anticipate everyone's next moves. I don't know Fury's secrets, but I know of the roads that he can take. Whether he takes the right one or not or up to him." She explained. "I'm one of his secrets. I have things hidden, that he's helped me hide. I would like them to stay that way."

Steve nodded understandingly. He brought his hand up to tuck a piece of the girls blonde hair out of her face. Darla couldn't help but smile at the man.

"You knew I was going to do that didn't you?" Steve questioned with a grin.

Darla pursed her lips and nodded.

"You thought about it for too long." She whispered towards the man.

"Got it." He chuckled and lowered his hand back to his side. "I think we should show Tony and Bruce what we found."

"Sounds like a plan to me." Darla nodded as she popped open the lid and grabbed the gun, handing it to Steve before she closed the lid and lead the pair out of the storage room.