꧁18꧂

Leta lay on Regulus's bed, throwing his snitch up in the air as she watched him rush around the room in his suit

Leta lay on Regulus's bed, throwing his snitch up in the air as she watched him rush around the room in his suit. He stopped in the mirror and began straightening his tie.

"Are you not getting ready?" Regulus asked Leta who was still not ready for the ball that night. Leta sat up, putting the snitch on his bedside table and heaving herself up.

"I will, but I don't take hours to look good," She spoke, getting up and making her way over to the door and opening it. "I already am." She smirked, looking around the boy as he rolled his eyes, then she left the room leaving the Slytherin.

Leta stood in front of a silver mirror in her room, inspecting her dress closely as she ran her hands against the silk fabric. It was a deep crimson colour and their was extra fabric which she folded over her stomach.

Carefully she opened a draw filled with different jewellery which was neatly laid out so they didn't get tangled. She then took out a silver necklace with a circle charm. On the front was diamonds which were placed around the edge and on the back was her initials.

She put it around her neck and held in done, looking at it shine in the candle light which was lit on her dresser. She ran her hands down her waist to make sure the fabric was straight.

"Leta?" Minette opened her sister's door, peeking her head in as she called her name. "Are you done?" She asked, stepping into the room and watching her sister brush her hair for the last time.

"Yeah," She replied, turning around as she put her hairbrush back on the dresser. Minette,her sister, also wore the necklace which her mother had made for them as an attempted to cheer them up after their brother was disowned.

Minette, Regulus and Leta made their way to the Great Hall. That night was one of the only nights Leta had seen Minette with her badge since she got Prefect two years ago.

When the walked in, Minette instantly went to her other Prefect and Head student friends whilst Leta dragged Regulus to the buffet table. She began scoffing her face with the different snacks on the table until she felt a tap on her shoulders.

With her mouth still full, she turned around with a scowl because someone interrupted her eating session but her face softened when she saw Remus.

Leta was so interested in the buffet she didn't realise Regulus had gone to the dance floor. "I thought you would want to see if your lessons worked out." He said, nodding in the direction of James who was able to convinced Lily to dance with him.

Leta raised her eyebrows in interested as she followed Remus to a clearer view point to watch the two dance. "How did he get her to dance with him?" She asked, looking up at the tall boy then back at the two.

"She was tried of him pestering her." He replied, chuckling to himself as James almost tripped over her legs.

"Your better then I thought." Lily chuckled, looking down at their feet then into the boys hazel eyes. "So rude." He chuckled as he spun the girl then dancing her away from Leta and Remus who were staring at them.

As they danced, James tripped over his own feet and almost fell but luckily caught himself before he could reach the floor. "Get your hands off my arse Potter! I can't believe I agreed to dance with you!" Lily shouted, pulling James's hands off her and storming away to her friends who walked her out, Marlene scowling at James as she rubbed her back to comfort her.