Part 3

*Changing to the third point of view (narrating)*

Vanessa has come to the first Friday of her job with the Avengers. The brunette finished loads of paperwork assigned to her. She lays at her desk face down, on top of a binder, sleeping. The rest of the compound has gone to sleep, not knowing she was still there.

After hours of quiet the ex-assassin, still with her head on her desk, begins to stir. She wakes up in a sweaty panic and frantically looks around. Her breathing slows as she realizes it was just a nightmare.

"Aw, shit," she says to herself, realizing she was still at work. Vanessa then gets up and follows the hallways to the training room. 

The ex-assassin clicks on a few lights and goes to the punching bag, still hung. She then begins wrapping the gloves around her hands and punching the bag. The flashbacks she witnessed in her dream come flooding back, making her punch the bag harder and faster. The brunette remembers the faces of those who tortured her and those who laughed at her pain. She grunts as she makes one final contact with the bag before it breaks and she is left there panting. 

"What are you doing here?" Vanessa gasps and turns around to see Steve.

"Omg, Steve don't do that you scared the shit out of me!" The ex-assassin scolds as she unhooks the bag from the ceiling. The captain laughs and ignores her use of profanity. 

"Sorry, but why are you here?" Steve asks again, making his way over to Vanessa.

"Oh, I fell asleep at my desk." Vanessa grabs a broom and dustpan and starts to clean up the mess. The captain looks at her puzzled.

"Ok...well what are you doing up then?" Vanessa continues cleaning trying to figure out the best answer to his question.

"I woke up, had a bad dream. Figured I might as well train since I couldn't sleep." Vanessa finishes cleaning up the mess on the floor then turns back to the super-soldier. "What about you, why are you up?"

"Oh, same," Steve responded. Vanessa looks at him confused.

"Really? What are your dreams about?" Crap, was that too personal?-she thought- yeah that was too personal, dammit.

"Just flashbacks, HYDRA all that." The ex-assassin's body stiffens at the mention of that name. There is a moment of silence between the two.

"Um, did you want to train alone? or..." Vanessa trails off.

"Eh. I don't really feel like training anymore. Wanna watch a movie or something?" Steve asks as they both make their way to the door.

"Sure, lead the way." The super soldier leads the ex-assassin to the living room and they sit on the couch. 

"So, what movie do you want to watch?" Steve asks, handling the remote and scrolling through Netflix. The brunette grabs a pillow and holds it on her lap, thinking.

"Umm, what about a drama? You can choose." She answers, scooching slightly closer to the captain. Steve nods and clicks on a movie. He sets down the remote and moves his arm around the brunette's shoulders. 

During the movie, Vanessa cracks a couple of jokes at the movie, and Steve laughs. Around the middle of the movie, the brunette feels more comfortable around the super-soldier and leans against him. The captain wraps his arm around the ex-assassin, holding her. 

Vanessa not realizing she was, falls asleep on Steve 30 minutes before the movie is over. The super-soldier doesn't budge, smiles to himself and ends up falling asleep soon after.