seven

Valentina's View:

"Miss Clair..." A gentle voice said, I groaned shooing away whoever was talking with my hand.

"Pssstttt.... Miss Clair" the voice said again.

"Oh my god... WHAT?!" I yelled moving my arm away from my eyes.

Abby gasped and jumped back slightly. "I-I'm so sorry to wake you mam but I just thought I'd let you know it's well past 8am"

I sighed and rubbed my temples. The girls were late to school and I sure as hell was extremely late to work. Normally Abby arrived after we have left.

"Just call in for me and the girls please. We're all taking a day to stay in..." I shooed her off again.

"Oh.. okay, yes mam I'll get right on it" Abby nodded and turned to leave.

"Wait!"

Abby stopped walking and turned back to look at me. "Please do let the girl's teacher Miss Love know to make a house call and I'd be willing to pay her if she could come over to help the girls with their missed work from today. Let me know what she says after will you?"

"Yes Miss Clair" Abby curtsied slightly making me stifle a laugh.

She was an odd young woman who acted like she worked for the queen. It was a bit difficult to get close to her and have a friendly conversation, but all that mattered was that she did her job and got along well with the girls.

Once Abby closed my door I turned over onto my stomach and dozed back off trying to sleep through this hangover.

. . .
Evie's View:

During my lunch break I had gotten a call from a woman named Abby. I assumed it was someone that worked for Valentina.

Nani and Vivi had both missed school today which worried me. They always had perfect attendance but apparently Valentina was sick and just decided to keep them home.

I stared too often at the clock today. More than usual that I'm sure even Taylor my TA has noticed.

Once pick up time came and gone, I was rushing to get my things together so I could head home to change.

I wanted to be in something comfortable now if I planned on helping the girls with their homework. So I changed into a pair of yoga pants and a t shirt. It would probably take us about an hour and a half at the most.

I drove to Valentina's home, using the directions Abby had given me over the phone.

It was further into the city than I liked but understandable because it was closer to her work. The address I was given told me they lived in one of the pricey penthouse buildings. Something I'd never be able to afford on my own salary.

I gathered my bag full of school work and supplies, and made my way up to their penthouse checking in with security.

The elevator I rode automatically would send me to their level so technically there was no actual front door.

When I walked in I was greeted by Abby who led me to the girls playroom where I'd be teaching them.

"Thank you.." I said quietly as the maid left the room, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Good afternoon Miss Love!" Nani and Vivi said together.

"Good afternoon my loves" I smiled and walked over to sit down on the floor next to them. They were coloring on a small table to where they were able to reach.

"Where's your mommy..?" I asked wondering why she wasn't the one to greet me.

Vivi looked to Nani to answer.