04- The Slumbering Weald Part 1

If she was to be honest, Gloria had thought she's be much more scared than she actually was. Sure, unnerved, but scared? Not even a chance.

The Slumbering Weald was ..well, it was beautiful. Mist swirled around their feet, the trees blocked any sunlight from seeping into the foliage, creating an imagery as if the weald was always at dusk. There was a serene, calming aura about the whole place.

But honestly, that's what made it so unnerving in the first place.

The entire forest just had a sense of being...otherworldly.

Plus not to mention they could barely see anything due to the amount of fog. How'd this much fog get here anyway?

"So this is the Slumbering Weald.." Gloria muttered as she looked around cautiously, looking as if something was going to pop out the shrubbery at any moment.

Not that you can blame her. This was the nicknamed Cursed Woods after all. The Forbidden Forest.

Rumors had it that this forest was haunted by a malevolent being- said to be neither human nor pokemon, but a force of wickedness and ethereal beauty. None have ever seen it's face for it was always shrouded in fog, but it's presence was said to be..overwhelming by those who've encountered it. Mainly those of the curious sorts or those rebellious daredevils who a bid to no rules.

All who've encountered all stated they say only saw its golden eyes glaring from the mist, before a sense of complete and utter terror engulfed their being to the point of falling unconscious. When they were found, they would all be in the same location- just near the entrance, with no explanation how they got there. And they awoke, they would be in a state of panic and fear, claiming to have heard these horrible sounds and images in their heads.

Gloria remembered two years ago, when one summer, Professor Magnolia's granddaughter Sonia had snuck into the weald. Gloria remembered her only a bit- the redhead was Leon's childhood friend and had sometimes came over the Beckett's house while Lee was babysitting or on one of his rare home visits.

She was friendly enough, had an eye for fashion and- sure enough- was as smart as her granny, possibly even smarter. Always eager to learn more..

She had been taking care of the Budew when it happened. Sonia had been a mess- twigs and leaves in her hair, dirt and staining that torn, gorgeous white blouse she had worn that day, tears making her mascara run harshly, eyes wide as she babbled nonsense..

...She definitely did not want to meet whatever manner of being brought such a cool headed girl into such a state...

Heck, even without the whole bloody evil monster living here, the whole place was a like a giant maze! One anyone could barely see due to the immense amount of fog and anyone could easily get lost and never found again. Not to mention all the dangerous wild Pokemon who called this weald their home... Mons who could and would eat two rookie trainers for an afternoon snack..

Her nerves now shot, Gloria gulped softly, tightening her hold on Mist. Oh Arceus maybe this wasn't a good idea...

No, of course it wasn't a good idea! This was horrible, stupid idea and she was horribly stupid for complying!

Hop hummed, putting his Rotom Phone back in his pocket. " Lee's on his way. But we should go on ahead, maybe the Wooloo isn't that far ahead."

" Are... you sure that's a good idea? Maybe..we could just wait." Gloria suggested apprehensively. She was worried about the Wooloo most definitely. But it would be nice to have that literal kind of fire power on their side before basically going in blind.

Just a safety precaution..

Hop didn't seem to agree with that sentiment, as he turned to give her a fierce, determined look.