Public Reaction

The Next Day:

Once I woke up, I did my usual morning routine. Which consisted of washing up, changing into some more appropriate clothes then eating breakfast in my room. Afterwards, I would put on my helmet and go about my day.

Once I did all of that, I headed outside my room and explored around base. As I walked around I noticed that the other Mandalorians were talking a bit more than usual. I also noticed that some of them were looking at me while they were talking. As I walk further around the base I saw Bo Katan and some other Mandalorians coming my way.

Once they were in front of me she placed a hand on my shoulder as she said, "You did good, kid."

That made me confused, did I do something special. Is that why all the others were talking. She seemed to notice my confusion as she went on talking.

"You should check the news," she said as we walked over to a TV. Once we got to one, someone turned it on and flipped it to a news channel.

It was some type of coverage on the sludge monster incident. I automatically assumed it was because of All Might since I had learned that they all loved him and always talked about whatever rescuing he did. I guess someone had been recording these events since they were showing footage of the scene while some news anchor was commentating what was happening.

"So as we see here we have all of these heroes, not doing anything because they weren't suited for this kind of job. Then out of nowhere this middle school kid runs at the sludge villain to try to save the other boy. All Might then shows up which isn't exactly something unexpected, and gets the boy out the sludge," the video then went in slow motion as it zoomed in the building I was atop.

"Now if we look at the top of this building, amidst all the smoke and fire, there's this blue blur that seemingly appears out of nowhere and actually hits the sludge villain right before All Might punched it. All Might then punches it and the sludge is caught in a gust of wind which tears it apart. Surprisingly the sludge monster still isn't defeated. These guys are usually taken down fairly easily by him so this was a bit of a shock. So now the sludge is reforming as All Might takes a defensive pose. But look over here," he says as there's a zoom in at the bottom of the building.

"An arm starts sticking out as the crowd finally noticed that someone else was there. That same blue blur is then shot from this arm and into the sludge villain, which finally defeated it. The arm then gets pulled back by its owner and nothing happens for a few seconds. Then that person walks out of the alleyway and to everyone's surprise its someone wearing Mandalorian armor. He then looks at the crowd, says nothing, then walks away. The crowd then starts cheering as he leaves the scene. Now its so far unclear if this person is actually a Mandalorian, but that hasn't stopped social media from collectively referring to him as "The Mandalorian." Looking at social media, there has been overwhelmingly positive reactions to this mysterious individual. #themandalorian was even trending at number one on Twitter in Japan, majority of tweets being favorable. Whether he is or isn't a Mandalorian, he's already well liked by the public. Like we said, we know virtually nothing about this individual, maybe we'll see him again, who knows. Now, on our next segment we'll be discussing what it could mean if this person is indeed Mandalorian, what does this mean in regard to their secretive society, could he be a rogue Mandalorian, maybe they want to operate differently. We'll discuss all that, after the break."

The TV then turned off as the other Mandalorians looked over at me. Of those that weren't wearing helmets, they looked pretty excited and all of this as Bo Katan looked over at me with a look of pride on her face as she patted my back.

"You've done well, M/n. I got a call from Shae Vizla earlier today, she said that she was deeply impressed with your performance yesterday and was very pleased with the public reaction. However, as she is the current Mandalore, she wants something to be done. What she wants is for you to do something much bigger than this, no petty small time crooks. She wants for you to put an end to something big like an elaborate scheme or something of that nature. Until then, she doesn't want you going out on hero duty, so it would be wise to have your eyes peeled for any opportunities that could come up. When something like that does happen, she wants you to somehow confirm that you're Mandalorian."