Chapter 10

Yangyang couldn't help but smile at the thought of Xia throughout dance class. He found the girl and her passion kind of cute, always distracted with a thought in her mind.

Not to mention that Xia was so freaking talented, her tracks being better than anything he had listened to. This was saying a lot as Yangyang listened to a lot of good music.

Yangyang wasn't kidding when he said he would pay to listen to her perform as a DJ. Just that little snippet was enough to convince him and he hoped that the girl would one day be able to achieve her dream.

Dream.

Yangyang's smile faced as he realized that he couldn't tell Xia about his own dream, afraid of what she would think. He knew that street racers didn't have a good reputation in Neo City and was certain that Xia's opinion of him would change once she knew.

"Yangyang, focus! You were half a beat late!" Yangyang's dance teacher called, making him focus back to his class.

Ah whatever, think about this later, Yangyang thought as he apologized, pushing away everything in his head for now.

...

Xia was doing a great job avoiding Xiaojun until she saw the male waiting for her outside her class.

Great.

Xia did her best to try to avoid him but when he called her name and she ignored him, she knew they were going to be starting a scene soon. Xia did her best to keep her head held high, walking away as fast as possible but when she heard footsteps running towards her and felt Xiaojun grab her wrist, it was clear that she wasn't getting away that easily.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean any of those words. I know you know the music industry well, just as well as Kun-ge and it was stupid of me to say otherwise." Xiaojun said, not caring that other students were listening.

Xia took a deep breath, letting it all out before giving Xiaojun her response. "I know."

"What?" The word left Xiaojun's mouth unexpectedly as the male immediately covered his mouth, making Xia giggle.

"I know you're sorry, you wouldn't be here otherwise. And I forgive you." Xia said, taking Xiaojun aback.

"Wait, are you just going to forgive me?" Xiaojun asked, clearly confused. Xia nodded her head with a small smile.

"Yup. But don't get used to it, it's only because I'm in a good mood." Xia said, continuing to walk. She turned back as she noticed Xiaojun wasn't following. "You coming?"

Xiaojun quickly caught up to her. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

"I will, once we're away from all your fangirls." Xia said with a wink, purposedly angering the female students around them.

"Yah, they're not my fangirls." Xiaojun hissed as they walked out of the school towards the parking lot.

...

"Wait, I don't get it. Explain again." Xiaojun said as he sat beside Xia at the garage, taking a break.

"I.. well.. met this guy. His name is Yangyang and he's a dance major but he used to double in music and dance." Xia said before adding, "he's also in my year."

"So after you left here, you went and good street food with him a few blocks away?" Xiaojun asked.

"Mhmm."

"And then today, he met you in the recording studio with cola and snacks?"

"Yup."

Xiaojun shook his head in disbelief. "I don't know Xia, you barely know this guy and he's already doing this much for you."