//Death sprint...2? //

// Y/N's POV //

"Ray, everybody's doing fine. Let's deal with the demon right now!" Emma said to her Raven-haired partner as I trailed unnoticed behind them.

"How, exactly...?" Ray responded, his eyebrow cocking in curiosity."

"Well, we can think on the way..."

I snorted quietly at Emma's consistent unpreparedness.

"Jumping in without a plan again?" Ray said pointedly, following by sighing. Following a few seconds of thinking he suddenly stopped. I stopped behind a tree unnoticed, watching the two technically-older kids from a safe distance.

"I think there's a chance here." The olive-green eyed boy said after pausing.

"Oh! You mean..." Emma said hopefully.

"Yeah." The boy said, turning behind him. "Get it to fall into the killing tree trap."

"Roger!" Emma exclaimed, happy to have a plan. I smiled despite my situation. "Then let's split and..."

"No, I'm doing it alone." Ray interrupted her train of thought. Emma's eyes widened

"Ray...you can't still be thinking of... I won't let you!" She said, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"No, it's not that! I'm not about to make a heroic sacrifice or anything. I'm only taking care of this because I'm confident I can do it." He sighed, reassuring the green-eyed girl. "Which one of us would win in a tag challenge?" He sighed, dealing the final blow.

"You..." Emma said, still sounding slightly unsure.

"Right, so trust me! wait 10 seconds after I go then catch up to Gilda's group and lead them downwind- as fast as you can. Got it?" He laid a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"Ok!" Emma said, dashing to catch up to the other group. I stepped behind the tree all the way as she passed before poking my head out from behind as Ray ran away. I bit my lip and chased after him.

"I'm such an idiot. Although, I do know what happens in the future, so maybe at least a well-informed idiot."

I followed Ray to the demon and paused a few metres behind him, unseen, as he baited the demon. The demon suddenly looked up in our direction and I withheld my extreme sudden desire to run. It let out an ear-splitting screech and started chasing after Ray, fortunately not noticing myself, who ran diagonal to the two, weaving in and out of trees precociously. I noticed the entrance to the killing tree trap and ran ahed suddenly, picking up speed to be in a tree slightly behind Ray at the perfect time- just as the demon's head was suddenly cut off.

"Just in time, as we anticipated." The voice sent chills down my spine but I ignored it, pressing my cold hands together. I chose to do this. There's no way I'm going to back down just because of a wrinkly a*s demon b*tch. "Found them." He said as I prayed he hadn't noticed my presence yet. "We're bringing them back at once." He echoed cooly, then crushing the demon's head under his clawed feet. "Disgusting. Imagine an inferior race even touching our merchandise."

"Insolent knave." The Demon said. I let out a quiet "pffft" as my brain chose comedy to comprehend the extreme amounts of stress and trauma I was actively dealing with. 'This demon just released his inner angry british knight- what's next? bOW DOWN BEFORE MY QUEEN YOU PEASANT."

"Find anything?" The demons began conversing as I stretched out my legs and tried to calm down my heart, preparing for another long and hard run.

"Took you long enough." Ray said, walking out from behind the tree. I gulped. His voice was devoid of any fear he must be feeling right now. I stood up carefully while their attention was directed to the 12-year-old boy and fingered my white hair nervously.

"Everyone's dead already." Ray continued to try and mislead the demons while I tried to calm down my racing heart that thudded in my ears so loud I could barely hear the others.

"Shut up, you dumb b*tch." I muttered below a whisper. Suddenly, my heart calmed down. I blinked. Apparently that works. Good to know..."

"CAPTURE HIM!" The demon's voice suddenly yelled. I reacted in an instant, stumbling out from my hiding place.

"WOAH THATS A WEIRD F*CKING DOG!" I yelled, drawing their attention to me. Ray looked to me shocked- with a similar face to the pursuers.

"WAIT- that hair and height- THAT'S PREMIUM QUALITY 20294! AFTER THEM!" The demon in charge yelled, gesturing towards me.

The demon's crawling on all fours suddenly split between Ray and I and I let out a yelp.

'whatthef*ckamidoingwhatthef*ckamidoing' I thought inside as I was chased by 3 doglike demons.

"WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING?!" Ray yelled from a while away.

"FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT- I'M WONDERING THE SAME THING RIGHT NOW!!" I yelled over the crashing of the horrifying things running after me. I then turned my attention to the trees ahed of me and focused on possible routes. Thanks to having less demons chasing me then what would be if it wasn't for Ray being here as well, I had more options.

Time passed and my breaths were becoming shorter and shorter as I gasped for air. My legs were burning and my hair was sticking to my face. C'mon, hurry up... any minute now... Maybe I should've stayed hidden for longer...

All of a sudden most of the demons chasing after me broke off to surround me from the front.

"sh*t" I exclaimed as I looked around and noticed the wide circle of demons that had managed to trap me and Ray together. Any second now... c'mon...hurry up Sonju you bast4rd! My chest was heaving in pain.

"Ray!" I called to the other boy. He looked to me, wiping the sweat of his face. We managed to run a little less thanks to the even divide of demon's chasing us, but he still looked ready to pass out. I probably looked worse. I gave him a nod.

"Trust me?" I muttered, inching towards him while keeping my eye on the demons that surrounded us. His eyes suddenly flashed with...what was it? Recognition, perhaps? He closed his eyes and nodded. The demon lord continued talking to deaf ears as he approached us.

Any second.

I grabbed Ray's hand and started running off in the direction I knew he'd appear from... at any second... We huffed together as we approached the line of demons.

Where is he! My being here didn't change the fact that Sonju appears, right?! Panic heaved into my chest as we ran right before the demons, staring death right in the eye. Or...eyes?