Chapter 9

You had been waiting for at least two days and you were already missing him. Every time the door went you peered out the window and everyone got what's disappointed.

You wandered around and did random things to pass the time. Your uncle and aunt noticed this and kept on sending you out for riding and told you to carry on writing your book.

You couldn't focus on anything, just wanting to sit with the Colonel again.

This kept on going for a week, then two weeks. You missed Christopher more than anything. You had no idea where the colonel was staying and just was so bored.

"(y/n)?" your aunt said. You laid in bed. It was 11 am and you just didn't want to get up. "(y/n), I know you miss him" she said gently. "Why don't you go out riding today?"

You sighed. "Yes aunty" you said groggily. Getting up you trudge to the stables.

"Hey Garnet" you whispered. You kissed her nose and got on. You decided to ride down the road to wherever it took you. The road took you round a curve and right into a carriage. You smiled to the driver and carried on riding until you got hungry. Checking your watch it was 1 already. Time had slipped away from you as you were thinking about Christopher and theorised what he was doing and where he was. You sighed, turning Gernet round you patted her on the head. "Come on Garnet, let's see how fast you can go" you whispered. You tapped her sides and she started to canter. She was quicker than you thought, streaking through the air like a warm knife through butter. You had managed to catch up to the carriage again and you slowed.

" Hello there sir" you called out to the driver.

"Morning Ms" he said. Tapping his hat.

"Beautiful Andalusians" you said.

"They are real beauts" he said. "it's the master's favourite breed"

"(y/n)?" a voice asked. The colonel's head peeped out of the window.

"Christopher!" your said grinning.

"Mr Presley stop" the colonel called. With one movement the two horses stopped you got down from Garnet and was hugged my the colonel. In his happiness, he lifted you from the ground and spun you.

"Oh, your home" you said.

"I am" he said. "I am sorry that I was longer than expected"

"It's fine" you said. "I got bored" you admitted.

"the meetings were terribly dull. I missed you (y/n)" he said.

"I missed you too Christopher". You said.

He let you go and held your hands in his.

"I was planning to go to yours to surprise you." he said. "But you seemed to have surprised me instead"

"Mr Presly," he said turning to the driver. "you may go straight back." he turned to you "May I join you on your lovely steed?"

"You may" you said.

Me Presly nodded, giving the two of you a smile. Young love he thought.

The colonel got onto Garnet and you got behind him and started Garnet to a walk. You rested your head onto Brandon's back.

"What did they want of you?" you asked.

"Advice on the Indies" he said.

"May I come next time?" you ask.

"Yes" he said.

You grinned and hugged him closer.

Soon you got up to the Clayton and the colonel got down. Your aunt opened the door and was grinning. "Ah Colonel you have returned" she said. "And you find my troublesome niece"

The colonel smiled and looked at the funny face you pulled at your aunt.

"Well come in, come in" your aunt said, ushering you and Christopher in. She called for tea and the colonel described what he did in London.