7

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste.
Then can I drown an eye unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancelled woe,
And moan th' expense of many a vanished sight.
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoanèd moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored, and sorrows end.

~~~~~~~~~~

a/n : i'm going to start writing the dates at the top of Lavenders POV. Also, I won't specify what Lavender does for work I don't think because I'm also working on adding new characters, story changes etc etc etc etc yk? its very fun but difficult to keep track 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, January 12th 2021 

About a week has gone by. I've finally started getting settled at home. I've learned how to properly give my grandmother shots, play memory games with her, and I've put reminders on her phone for when she needs to take a pill. Just incase she forgets, I also have an alarm on my phone too. its looking great. 

often times i spend my mornings out on the front porch with a cup of tea (because apparently all brits drink is tea.) in my hands warming them up as i focus my eyes on the foggy hills ahead. I can make out a forest about 2 miles ahead, but aside from that its all hill in front of the property. 

sometimes i get lost in thought staring off at the hills. and my sometimes, i mean right now. My thoughts are interrupted by a ding on my phone telling me I have 45 minutes until work. I checked the time, it was 7:00. I was still in pjs. fuck. 

I quickly downed the gross tea (which im pretty sure has been in that house since before my grandmother moved in) and ran upstairs to get dressed. i threw on a black chiffon skirt, and a white turtle neck with a argyle vest over it, quickly curled a little bit of my hair, and left the house. 

I was smart to leave the house early because rolling into town traffic was backed up on either side of me. i was stuck. i slowly but dramatically hit my head to the steering wheel and groaned. not only was there traffic, but something felt off. it was like in Home Alone where the mom forgets kevin. I'm forgetting something. 

while stopped in traffic i rack my brain. i open the glove compartment next to me looking for a sketchbook and i see jacks sunglasses (even though its january) then it hits me. unless i remind him, jack wont remind grandmother to take her medication. 

I pull out my phone hastily and call him. the phone rings 8 times before it stops and jacks tired voice answers. i explain to him that he needs to go downstairs and get her the medication she's supposed to take at 7:00. he groans, agrees, then hangs up. i feel frustrated but relieved.

walking to my office space i see a name tag on the door across from mine that wasn't there last week. I quickly check it, making sure that i don't pause in front of his door too long this time. the name plate reads "Will Gold" i make note of that. 

Gold. Gold. Gold. it was such a pure surname. i now imagine him to be quite proper. it appears i have stood there for a couple seconds too long because when i looked up from the name tag there he was again. looking up from his desk staring directly at me. then he does something that I haven't seem him do before. he waves at me? 

his wave matches the energy of a little boy, and without thinking i wave back with the same energy. he chuckles through the door so silently yet so audibly, then he stops and his face rests on a light smile still looking at me. i smile back then give a short wave goodbye and turn the doorknob of my door

shit that was so embarrassing. was he making fun of me? does he think I stalk him or something? he probably thinks I'm so weird. I need to take my mind off of this. 

after a few long hours lunch time hits, and since I'm not under management i can basically have lunch whenever i please, so i get up and walk over to the cute mini fridge i have on the floor and kneel down opening it to see nothing. my face falls flat. i skipped breakfast this morning. all that's in my stomach is gross tea. 

i think for a minute, and then accept that i'm going to need to find somewhere to eat. its a blessing and a curse, because now i can get a chance to explore Brighton a little bit more. sitting back down at my desk i quick search "local bakeries in Brighton" I'm in mood for something sweet. 

I'm relieved when I see a cute little bakery at the end of the block. how did i not even notice this? i pass it every day. i grab my wallet and phone and head out of the building. I've gotten used to having to push through people on the sidewalk, i just think of it as a game. I also learned that if you walk with confidence people don't shove into you as hard. 

I enter the cute bakery and deeply inhale to smell warm baked goods wafting around the room. the menu is written on chalkboards and the whole bakery has a light wood theme. almost like a tavern. I walk up to the display and see something very familiar that brings me joy. I see freshly baked lemon tarts, and they look just like how i used to make them with my grandmother. if i had more time to examine it i would be able to determine if they use the same recipe, but as I'm staring the lady in front of my clears her throat and asks politely what my order is.

I read my order to her and she smiles and says 

"that'll be right up Lavender", i smile for a second but then the confusion hits me. I didn't give her my name? I can tell the confusion shows on my face because then she giggles and says 

"you have a name tag on" 

i sighed. I remember this morning i had put a name tag on, and now i don't even remember the reason. I giggle awkwardly and apologize. she says no worries and then sticks out her hand. I pause, and when she keeps it there i realize she wants to shake mine, so i lightly grasp her hand.

"i'm Jasper" she says in a calm tone. She already knows my name of course so I just reply with a "nice to meet you" and smile. 

Once I have my order I find a nice booth seat. The bakery is packed and loud. There's faint music playing but I can't hear it well enough to decipher the language, so I'll just say its french. as I scroll through my Instagram I get distracted by the bell of the door chiming. 

I look up to see the side profile of the boy. sorry, will. my palms become sweaty and i immediately divert my gaze back down at my phone. then I realize what i'm doing and think to myself.

why are your hands so sweaty? what are you so nervous for? you don't like him, you don't know him why is your heart beating so god damn fast calm down. breathe. this is a local bakery that just happens to be right near where we work he's probably a regular here. you need to cal-

suddenly my thoughts are interrupted as someone sits down across from me. I keep my gaze at my phone trying not to look up but I already know who it is.