→・Abandonment?・←

"(Y/N), sweetie, i'll be leaving. I have to meet up with someone." Your mother smiled at you, rubbing the top of your head. "Daddy?" You ask, tilting your head with an innocent look, as you don't understand how bad of a person your father is yet.

"Y-yes. We have some things to settle about you, but don't worry. I'll be back soon! Bye!" She said, waving her hand, then stepping out the door.

It's been 4 hours.

It's been 4 hours of you sitting in the dark, cold house your mother left you alone in. You were terrified of the storm outside, as well. The rickety noises of the branches of trees banging against the windows.

Leaving a 3 and a half year old alone for hours isn't really the best thing. You'd expect the place to be a reck. But you were too nervous to cause mischief. You were sitting in the exact place you were when your mom left.

You notice some new light, and you immediately jump from your spot and hurry over to the door. But, something didn't feel right. It was quiet.

Too Quiet.

You jumped over to the kitchen area, pulling out a butter knife, and holding it like a katana. You shakily stood there, awaiting the suspect to walk in. When you finally saw who it was, you immediately stopped shaking, your eyes leaking with salty tears.

(F/N)...

"Hey (Y/N), I noticed that the front door was kept open slightly, so I came to check up on you..." He stopped when he looked at your shaken body, holding a knife, tears continuously flowing.

(F/N) slowly walked over to you, and cautiously took the knife out of your hands that you were gripping onto with your life. He put it on the counter, then came back and hugged you. You were still somewhat frozen in fear, so you weren't really processing everything going on at the moment. "Your mom isn't home?" You slowly shook your head.

He nodded and walked over to a desk nearby, pulled out a pad of paper, and wrote something down quickly. He walked back over to you, picked you up, and carry'd you on his back all the way to his house.

Y/N POV

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, and you were still in Levi's lap. You heard voices, but they were rough and hard to make out. You slowly honked out eyes, trying to clear your vision and hearing, but the first thing you can understand hurts you on the inside.

"Shit, your right. We have to go and she needs to stay."

Go where?

Are they leaving me?

I don't want to be alone again.

Why?

Did I do something wrong?

I'm going to be abandoned.

Please say it isn't true, please.

"Y-Your leaving me?" You saw the shocked expression on both Levi and Hanji's faces. They didn't want me to hear them, you are sure of it.

You wiggled out of Levi's lap, standing before the two squad leaders. "Nonono Tiny! We have something important to do, but we will be back before you know it! Don't cry! We're always gonna be back with you, don't worry!" Hanji frantically said, searching for the right words.

With hearing Hanji's sentences, you broke down into tears, still standing, though you were wobbly. "M-Mommy said she'd always be with me.. but where is she now!? Gone!" You yelled, running out of Levi's office, not even looking back.

"I-I said the wrong words, didn't I?" Hanji said, holding her head in her hands, ashamed for sending away the tiny child in tears. "Four Eyes, you need to understand those words would have worked in many other situations besides this one. The brat lost her mother just about a day ago. The kid is sensitive, we have to all be gentle on her and be mindful of what comes out of our mouths." Levi said, standing up from his desk, then walking over to Hanji.

"Well, i'm going to keep that in mind, but we need to find (Y/N). God knows where she's off too." Hanji said, a worried expression plastered on her face. "Tch. Your right. Let's get moving." Levi responded.

You managed to run all the way outside of HQ, and you were in a training-field looking place. You couldn't believe the people you learned to trust to quick, back stabbed you. They were going to leave, and never come back. They were going to get Eaten by the same things that ate your mother. And you will be alone again. You'll have to fend all for yourself.

You ducked under one of the titan dummies.

You didn't want to be found. You wanted to separate yourself from everyone now so you wouldn't feel worse when you found out about everyone's deaths. You kept cover under the training dummy until you heard some people heading your way, then you tried your best to climb a fence, then took off.

//sorry this was late i'm a huge idiot and for some reason this chapter took me a long time to write, a lot of typing and deleting over and over//