37.

(Sexual content warning)

We arrive at his house and get inside. Gracie wasn't here since she was staying at a friend's place and Ms. Gray wasn't home yet either so she was probably working late. We head up to his room but before I enter, he covers my eyes with his hands. I smile at his gesture and he opens the door leading me in.

He directs me to an area and asks if I'm ready. I nod my head and he uncovers my eyes. I open my eyes to the cutest setup. His bed was covered in rose petals that were shaped into a heart. He runs over to his side tables and turns on the fake candles for more of a dramatic effect. I cover my mouth as I'm in shock with the effort he put into this. I walk up to his bed and almost cry. This is too cute. I spin around to tell Theo exactly that but I find him on one knee holding a box. I gasp and recover my mouth.

"Don't worry I'm not proposing...well not yet." A tear falls down my face. These are tears of joy because he thought about our future together.

"Athena you don't know how fast you make my heartbeat, cheeks hurt from smiling, and my stomaching cramping from laughter when I'm with you. I want to make sure that I make you feel the same way. So I want to promise all that and more to you with this ring. So will you, Athena Davis accept this promise?" He opens the box and asks with a huge bright smile and watery eyes.

"Yes, 1000 times yes!!" He puts the ring on my right ring finger. I guess when the time comes, if the time comes he will put a real ring on the actual ring finger.

I wrap my arms around his neck hugging him. He wraps his arms around my waist hugging me back. He lets go and cups the back of my thighs picking me up wrapping my legs around his torso. He places a hand on my neck letting the pad of his thumb gently brush my cheek as we stare into each other eyes with smiles glued to our faces.

Theo leans in and places a soft kiss onto my lips. That soft kiss turns into a passionate and hungry kiss. We fall onto the bed landing in the softy rose petals. He lays in between my legs that were still attached to his torso. He grinds himself on me trying not to crush me as he sneaks a hand under my shirt and sliding one of my bra straps off my shoulders. I didn't mind this since we have done more sexual stuff than this. We haven't actually gotten to that point yet but I'm glad Theo is being patient and understanding. I'm running out of breath and so does Theo as he pulls away cupping my face.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry I'll stop." He lets out a light laugh.

"No." I search his face for a reaction.

"Athena it's ok. I promised I'll wait for as long as I have to. I always keep my promises." He assures me.

No, I want this. I don't know what came over me but I want to do this. I don't know if it was my hormones or I was just done waiting but I'm ready at least I think I am. I want to experience this with Theo and only Theo. I always imagined my first time would be perfect. The perfect timing, the perfect scenery, and the perfect boy. I guess dreams do come true cause I have all of that right in front of me. And if this was a mistake then this is one good ass mistake.

"No, I want to." I say in a whisper.

"Athena I want you to be 100% sure that you're ready."

"I'm ready. I'm sure." I slightly laugh. That was a nervous laugh. I may be nervous but I'm not regretting anything.

"I want you to promise me that you want this and not just because I'm on top of you." He grins at the end of that sentence but then gets quickly replaced by a concerned face.

"I promise." I brush his hair out of his face sending him a genuine smile.

"I love you." He pecks my lips and tickles me. I'm glad he's not trying to make this awkward and is making me feel as comfortable as possible. I start to think about the experience he had and start doubting myself. I slowly stop laughing and overthink. Oh no Athena you are not going to overthink at a time like this!