S2 E4: The Moment of Truth

Edited January 1, 2022

***

"I can't believe you! How could you be so selfish, Miguel Diaz?" I scolded my brother, who stared at me with slight regret. 

"Mila, I'm sorry. It was Sensei's idea," Miguel sighed. I punched him. "Ow! Oh, my God, you guys do learn how to fight," he was flabbergasted. 

"Yeah, and you would have seen it if you and those imbeciles didn't ruin our demonstration," I huffed. 

"Camila, it's not that deep--" 

"Yeah, maybe not to you. But it is to me, Miguel. Not once, do I ever have the thunder you have. Not once, did you not do something to one-up and humiliate me. You're an awful person, Miguel." I said. 

"I didn't know you felt that way--" 

"You never do! You never know how I feel! You don't care how I feel, just admit it! It would make this a lot easier." 

"Make what a lot easier?" he asked. 

"Hating you," I replied, with a shake of my head. He was shocked at my words, and honestly, so was I. I had never told my brother that I hate him, let alone that I didn't like him. And now, I had said it. 

 "Camila, you don't mean that--" 

"I'm not sure what I mean anymore, Miguel. Just...just don't talk to me," I said, quietly, as I slammed the door to meet Sam outside.

"Hey, are you--" I cut her off, while I wiped my tears on my sleeve. 

"I'll explain on the way, can we just..." I looked in the backseat of the car, seeing Vinnie, who gave me a wave, and Robby, who looked worried. 

"Yeah, of course," she said, immediately driving off. 

*

When we got to Miyagi-Do, everyone was quiet. I stood against Robby, when he stopped pinching the punching bag. I wrapped my arms around his waist, and he wrapped his arm around me. 

I had explained to the three of them what had happened this morning with Miguel and I. I could've sworn the look of rage on their faces said it all. They were just as pissed as I was. 

"Maybe we should take a video of us sparring and post it on Instagram," Robby said. 

"Everybody already saw us at Valley Fest." Sam told him. 

"No one cared," Vinnie added. 

"You know what the problem is?" Robby asked, and I untwisted myself from him. 

"Hm?" I asked.

"Miyagi-Do's all about defense," he told us. 

"Defense wins championships," Vinnie shrugged. 

"Yeah, but people show up for the offense." Robby retorted. I nodded. 

"That's why Cobra Kai is more popular," I said. 

"Well, then we need to show them we can fight too," Vinnie said. 

"So what exactly are we supposed to do?" Sam asked. "Go to the mall and pick a fight? Record us defending ourselves?" 

"Samantha LaRusso, you are brilliant," I smiled. 

"Yeah, has she always been this smart?" Vinnie asked, making Sam roll her eyes. 

"It's not the worst idea," Robby agreed. 

"It's a terrible idea," Sam scoffed. 

*