twenty-one

Pt

Pt.1 of 2

Ms.Warren told Jesse that I am now his partner, after one week of him sending his other partner through hell.

I met up with him later that day and asked him for his contact info and instead of giving it to me right then and there he looked at me and then told me to go to Siri and say, 'Call Jesse Duran'

I looked at him in confusion and said, "How could I say that when I've never had your number in my contacts?"

He told me to hurry up and do it anyway, so I sighed and told Siri everything word for word. I couldn't believe what I saw when I heard his phone ring. He made a point of answering it in front of me saying, 'hello' as he stared me in the eyes before hanging up and walking away.

With Paola spending so much time with Ryan, I've been getting to know Justine and she's been complaining about Cyrus left and right. I actually found it hilarious.

Justine and I were in my living room as we were hanging out on a Saturday afternoon.

"I just wanna loosen those cornrows in his head so bad. I wouldn't be surprised if it was affecting the circulation of blood to his brain because I know something in there isn't clicking." She says grabbing her notebook as she moves from the couch to the floor and lays on her stomach.

The assignment that we're working on for next week is an essay that we have to write about a movie called, 'She's All That.' I've seen it a couple of times. It came out in like the late '90s or something.

The plot's okay I guess but I couldn't imagine watching a movie like that with Jesse. I don't even know how I'm going to meet up with him. He definitely cannot come to my house.

I'd have a better chance at having my parents see Jules with me rather than Jesse. Not when Jesse is covered in tattoos, reeks of sarcasm, and has a brooding, intimidating vibe. That's not the kind of guy you bring home to your parents, nevermind a school partner.

My parents absolutely hate the idea of tattoos. I could be 40 years old and still need to ask my mom for permission to get one.

"If you don't know where to take him, why not let him go with you to your little after school job," Justine says popping an M&M in her mouth as she looks at me

My school system requires us to do at least 48 hours of community service. My parents lifted my 'grounding' so that I could go after school a few times a week to this daycare studio. It's basically a babysitting job where parents drop their kids off at this place for a few hours to meet and play with other children before they start going to school.

"That way you can kill two birds with one stone. Do your homework, get your hours. It's a win-win for you" she continues and I begin to consider it.

"Yeah. He's gonna have to do it anyway because Warren already told him that if she had to try and switch him with another group, then he'd have to drop the class, like, she would forcefully get him taken out of his class." I say as Justine smiles and points her finger at me while saying, "This is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship, we speak the same language. Blackmail." she claps her hands excitedly