Chapter 6: I know that your scared because hearts get broken...

It was Saturday Morning and I had to do 10am when we opened to 5pm. I got dressed into my uniform we aren't normally busy in the morning so I didn't worry much other then making sure my uniform didn't have any stains even after washing. I pulled my hair into a neat bun and let my baby hairs out so I didn't look like to much of an egg. I didn't bother with makeup since the most we get are either old couples or families on a road trip. I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse and keys. I walked out of my room and went to lock my door.

Before I could lock my door my keys where knocked out my hand when I had two kids who live in the same place I did run past and hit me as they went by, I huffed out as I bent down and picked them back up. "Have a nice day at work" I turned to see Mrs. Amber walking past me. 'Wait Mrs. Amber" I said turning back and locking my door quickly throwing my keys in my bag and walking up to her.

When  I got up to her I pushed my hair out of my face and took a breath, "Hey I was wondering if I could have someone over?" I asked. "What day sweetheart and who?" she asked getting out her notepad. "His name is Eli he's the guy I'm tutoring and I was wondering if Monday was ok" I asked with a smile. "I shouldn't be telling you this but I don't want you thinking I'm saying no for no reason, Monday is when your monthly random test is" she said and I frowned and looked at the ground. "and you know, on those days they don't want anyone new coming. "Damn" I mumbled. "What about tonight?" she suggested. I thought about it for a second, maybe tonight would be good, I mean I get off earlier then normal so its not like ill be to tired. "Uh yeah put him down for might be expecting ill have to text him and ask when I get to work. " I said smiling as she wrote down " Last Name?" she asked pausing her writing. " Moskowitz" I said and she finished her writing.

"Ok now head to work before your late" She laughed and I started to go down the stairs, "Y/n" she called out. I paused and turned around and looked up at her, "Yeah?" I replied. "I'm proud of you" she smiled. My eyes teared up as I ran back up to where she was and jumped into a hug. "Thank you for believing in me" I said with broken voice from trying not to cry. we smiled and I ran back down. "I'm excited to meet your new boyfriend " She called out laughing . Before I walked out the front door, I turned to her and laughed hoping my blush wasn't noticeable. "He is NOT my boyfriend" I said and left the building and towards my car.
   As I drove I let my 80's music play as my fingers tapped the wheel and melted my eyes on the road, I was happy to be in a good mood and I wasn't sure why I was guessing it was just one of those days.
   When I pulled into the dinner I got my phone out and texted Eli, about having to move Monday study to today's.
                                  Eli
me: hey, remember when we talked about having the study day at my place well something came up and I was wondering about today instead?

   I sent the text and out my phone in my pocket then headed into my place of work.
I spent the morning taking orders and looting coffee for the older people coming in, maybe the elders home feeding them wouldn't have been bad seems like I'm doing it anyways.
I looked at my watch and saw it was already 2pm and it was time for my break. I got a burger and fries from the chef and sat down in a booth near the back.
I got my phone from my dress pocket and seen I had a text from Eli from an hour ago .
Eli
E: yeah why not I got karate at 4till 6:30 but after then I don't see why not

Me:ok and wait did you really just wake up at 1

E:yeah why

Me: but why so late

E:Miguel got out of his coma and so I was checking up with him

Me:oh ok ,well I'm glad to hear and I get off at 5 so I'll text you my adrenaline then:)

E: ight :)

I could feel myself smile and I wasn't completely sure why I mean this was tutoring and tutoring only...right.
I took a bite of my burger and a fry before scrolling through my phone to see that Eli followed me on everything, even Facebook I shrugged and followed him back to be nice and then I finished my food before I had to get back.
I felt my phone buzz on the table thinking it was a a text from Eli I picked it up but was surprised to see Demetri I was happy until I say what he texted, and my heart dropped.
Demetri 🤖
D: hey what you up to today wanna go check out the new comic or I'll get em and bring them by.