Chapter Ten

(Avengers Pov)

The moment you left the room, all eyes glared at Steve.

"Rogers! What the hell! You know that it was an accident." Natasha scolded the soldier.

"Yeah, that was uncalled for."

"Here I thought you were the polite one of the group."

"Why did you even say that?"

"I don't know. It just came out! I wasn't... I don't know what came over me." Steve sighed. He had been humiliated, and wasn't ever trying to hurt your feelings, but...

"Well, you better get your head out of your ass and go apologize. Before I do it for you." Natasha said, hands on her hips.

"I screwed up big time, didn't I?"

"No shit sherlock." Tony shouted from the other side of the room. Steve left to go get cleaned up, before talking to you. Tony turned to Bruce, "You think a certain neighbor is healthy enough for a visit?"

"I think that'd be a great idea."

(Your Pov)

You awoke to knocking on your door. You were surprised, but it wasn't exactly too late for someone to come knocking. You glance around the room, and quickly realize that it's not in any shape for visitors. Especially high-ranked Avengers visitors. Not with all the dark and sadness that lingered. Leo definitely helped rescue you some, but some thoughts couldn't be erased by cuddles.

You head to the door, to see who it is. And written in the normal Arial font, 'Steve G. Rogers'. Well that's just great.

You peek the door open, just enough that he would see you, and not the mess of a bedroom behind you.

"Hello?" Your tone is flat, but you didn't really care about being polite at this juncture. He deserved whatever came his way.

"Hi Y/N, I uh- I wanted to apologize. I didn't mean any offence, nor did I mean what I had said. It was uncalled for and stupid. I know my words aren't enough to make it up to you, but I really am sorry."

You watch him carefully, but decide he is telling the truth. How you know that, you had no idea. But you accept his apology, and bid him goodnight.

You return into your room, but wait by the door until you hear him walk away. You release a breath you didn't know you were holding, and turn to see Leo laying on your pillow. Why do cats do that? You quickly grab another, as well as a blanket, and crawl into your bed. You fall asleep instantly, too emotionally exhausted to deal with anything else.

*

The next morning, you awake to find, yet again, someone at your door. You groan at the pounding knocks.

"Hello? Y/N? It's the one and only." A cheery voice sounds from outside.

"Yeah. Come on in Tony." You sigh, sitting up. You really weren't a morning person. He comes in, while bringing a tray as well. He sets it down on the bed, when you finally realize what's on it.

Breakfast.

"This is for me?" You ask him, as he nods. You could've very easily just gone downstairs to get some.

"I didn't know if you were up to actually leaving your room today, so I brought it up here. I was the only one who volunteered."

You chuckle, but scrunch your nose up at the lie. He didn't know about your new ability. You just had to decide how to reveal it.

"Hey Jarvis?" You ask the ceiling. Hopefully you were on Jarvis's list.

"Yes miss?"

"How much of the team volunteered to bring it up here?"

"Every member, miss."

Tony's face dropped significantly, "Jar, you're supposed to be on my side!" Tony scolded the ceiling.

"I suppose you were also the one to cook it?" You smirk up at him, while he bites back a snarky comment. 

He sighed. "Anyway, the girls were wondering if you'd be up for shopping later today."

"And breakfast was to butter me up?"

"Nope. Buttering is coming later. Make sure to be back by dinner!"

"What's at dinner?"

"You'll find out when it happens."

You sigh, knowing there's no way out of this. It'd be good to get out of your room for a while anyways. "Alright, tell them I'll be down in an hour."

"Great! Now I gotta go help Bruce, but enjoy breakfast!" He left without a second thought. You move to your breakfast platter. They really cared if they fought over bringing it up to you.

Not a long time later, you've changed, ate, and gotten ready for shopping. You were excited to get all new things, but you were debating about how much could go wrong. Last night was pretty big, but nothing else had happened that morning. It was just a tad suspicious.

Nonetheless, you joined Natasha and Pepper in the lobby to go shopping.

*

You arrived at the first store in the mall, with Pepper and Natasha practically dragging you inside. They went through the clothes, picking out their favorites for you. You were then dragged from store to store, picking out new everything for your room.

Clothes, hygiene, new bed that matched your new paint for the walls, desk, desk chair, a lamp, as well as quite a lot of shoes. You really had gone over budget, even though Pepper insisted that it was fine. Was it though?

You're finally at the last store of the evening, and you're becoming really nervous. Absolutely nothing has happened yet. And it's been four hours of shopping. So in the last store, you're starting to get extremely jumpy. So extremely so, that the girls actually started to get concerned for you.

"Y/N, are you sure you're ok? Is it too much?" Pepper asked you while looking through blouses.

"No, it's just... nothing has happened all day. That's over eight hours. The anticipation is killing me. Not literally." You added the last part, so it didn't sound morbid. Or too realistic.

"Is there anything we can do? Cause some chaos?" Natasha had a very mischievous grin plastered on her face.

"It has to be unplanned. An accident. It's not the same otherwise."

Natasha hummed, looking around. "Well, an accident of eight hours of charging would be better distributed in the tower. Let's get going."

You nod, and follow her through the mall, yet again. As you're about to pass through the last set of doors, a loud crash could be heard behind you. You release a shaky sigh, but join the two others as you rush back to see what had happened.

The part of the mall that you had just left, now held a broken chandelier. A huge one at that, like the one that had been. in. the. ceiling...

"Like that?"

"Yep." You answer Pepper, who had never seen the extent of the damage that could be done by your bad luck. "Let's hope no one was under it." You say, as you rush down the stairs to the scene.

Luckily, no one had been hurt.

Unluckily, the mall just lost thousands of dollars, and will probably be sued.

"With that settled, let's head out." Natasha broke the silence, walking back towards the front door. You really had been extremely lucky that the light fixture hadn't killed, or hurt anybody.

Hopefully, nothing else bad will happen. Right?

(A/N: I know this is a little bit of a shorter chapter, but I'm having a bit of a writer's block. Any suggestions or ideas help, thanks for reading!)