Toxic

Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Unsurprisingly, Nolan did not answer the phone call she made to him that night after Leon had left her house for his own. He also didn't answer any of the follow up texts. She wasn't surprised.

It bothered her either way. It bothered her so much she got little to no sleep that night. The next day at school Nolan was absent. She didn't see him in the halls, their one shared class, or in the library. It frustrated her terribly.

That weekend she spent time with Leon, wrapped up in and around each other on her bed having unbelievable make-up sex. Sex, that though it was amazing, still paled in comparison to what had gone down between she and Nolan.

It made her frustration and anxiousness reach new heights. That whole weekend Nolan didn't even answer a text.

It made her feel inadequate. She was going crazy missing his lips, his hands, and of course his dick. The fact that he seemed to be so easily resisting temptation when it came to her after she knew she had given him the best sex of his life, hurt her pride and her feelings. She thought they would at least talk about it, she thought they had come to that sort of mutual sort of... thing for one another. They hadn't just had sex, they had shared much more personal things with one another and hung out like friends (though brief).

She thought he would at least not ignore her phone calls.

So, when Monday came and Nolan still wasn't in school, she found herself beyond upset. Was he really skipping school just to avoid her?

It irrationally pissed her off. She didn't mind that she sounded a bit self-centered, after all, there could be billions of reasons why Nolan hadn't shown up to school ( a lot less on why he wasn't answering her calls or texts), but Kiara wasn't exactly willing to think rationally.

It affected her mood and attitude, so of course her prospective boyfriend noticed.

"You've been awfully quiet tonight, Ara."

She looked up from where she was painting her toenails on her grandma's couch. Leon sat beside her and between them was a shared box of ham and pineapple pizza - though she hadn't touched once slice, much to Leon's annoyance.

Her boyfriend had actually looked annoyed since she had brought out the bottle of blood red polish and started painting her toes, he hadn't ever liked the smell. She actually understood, he was eating after all and she doubted anyone wanted to smell finger nail polish while they ate. Still, that didn't make her put it away.

Leon had showed up like he normally did after his practice. Though today he had told her his family was having some type of family movie night and he wouldn't be able to stay too long, which had made her already sour mood turn nearly toxic. She had barely spoken to him since he told her.

The thought of his mother still made her salty, and frankly, she was jealous. Of course his little perfect family did such mundane and wholesome things as 'Family Movie Night'. And she clearly wasn't invited, even if she had wanted to go.

She turned her gaze back down to her toes - silent. Leon huffed out his frustration.

"I don't fucking get why you're mad at me!" He snapped. "You've been acting like I've killed your puppy since yesterday! I thought things were going to go back good between us!"

"Dont' fucking cuss at me, Leon!" She snapped right back. She angrily put the cap back on the polish and set it on the coffee table. "Things are good between us again! We're good!" She felt as if she wanted to pick a fight. Why? No reason she wanted to dig too deeply into. "Are you expecting me to kiss your ass or something because you decided," she put up her finger to air quote, "forgive me?"