44 - Birth and Death

Arjun pov

7 months later

"Come on bro, look at her how beautiful she is... her eyes are too beautiful to ignore but I doubt how you ignoring her constant advances on you," Rishi said irritated taking the seat beside me. 

Every Saturday it became our habit to come to the bar for our relaxation and Rishi being Rishi never gave up any chance to flirt with women but I never let him touch alcohol or let him cross his limits with any women.

The girl he is talking about is an American girl Ella working in one of the Australian media. We happened to meet a few months back in this same bar, since then she started to get too friendly with me and Rishi but I felt her activity different with me, too friendly, shy at times. That's when one day she tried to kiss me but I carefully stopped her warning her to not get close to me.

"Am not interested"

He sighed trying to take the glass of beer from me, "how many days are you going to be like this bro? She has moved on with her life. She is happy there what is the need to destroy your life with her thoughts?" he said casually taking the glass to his mouth.

I grabbed it back, "I brought you here after giving my word to your mom to give her child as she is giving me. If you want to enjoy your life with girls and drinks then I am not stopping you but remember one thing that will be the last second I will be seeing you.

Love a girl, marry her and do whatever you want but I will not allow you to destroy yourself"

He laughed, "do you think I will love someone after seeing you? Never" he took the juice and gulped in one go, "I am not going to work whole nights, I am not going to look into nothing particular for hours, am not going to change myself for someone most importantly I am not going to cry myself in the middle of night nor I am will never fly back to India to look after the person every month who threw me on streets.

Only love has the power to blind a man as smart as you"

I clutched my head in pain, "love is beautiful and painful" I smiled remembering my snow's shinny pregnancy glow on her face in my imagination.

"Why are you stopping me and Albert from telling the truth to them, then there would be no need for you to tolerate these, or you should have told her everything when my father tried to blackmail you"

I smiled at him placing my hand around his neck, "I hide my pain from her because I don't want her to get hurt.

Yes hide my problems because I don't want her to get tensed.

I hide my tears from her because I don't want tears in her eyes.

I hide my hard days because I don't know whether I would be alive the next day.

I hide my struggles because I don't want my diya to struggle with me.

Is there anything wrong?" he shook his head.

"I can also give you another explanation. Imagine you are traveling with your loved one in a boat in the center of the ocean, all of a sudden your boat started to break into pieces and you are in the last floating pieces with a life taking shark around you"

"Stop, I don't have a loved one..." 

I heaved a sigh, "okay your mother"

"Better"

Giving him a glare I continued, "slowly the last piece of boat you are standing is also submerging. Your mother won't ever let you die for her so now you have two options,