bonus

p a r k e r

Once the guests are seated and everyone else is in place, the melodic music begins. I straighten my posture and feel my palms start to sweat. The amount of nerves I'm feeling right now rivals how I felt during the Stanley Cup finals.

The June sun shines down on us and a slight breeze tickles my face. The panoramic view of the Hudson River and downtown Manhattan surrounds us. I stand beneath a wooden arch alongside my best friends.

Olivia's family and mine are seated in the front row, behind them are some of our closest friends. Ollie and I didn't want anything extravagant and over the top. But the small and intimate ceremony does nothing to ease my nerves.

"You okay, bud?" Deacon whispers from behind me.

I slightly turn my head to him, keeping my eyes focused on the aisle. "Better than okay," I offer him a right smile.

"Will there be burgers at the reception?" Miles asks.

Deacon and I both turn our heads to face our himbo friend. "Seriously? You're thinking about food right now?"

Miles shoots us his shit-eating grin. "Always," he shrugs.

The audience quiets as my little girl toddles down the aisle with Charlie, Abigail's daughter. Bronwyn just turned one a few weeks ago but started walking when she was nine months old. My heart melts as Charlie helps my little girl toss rose petals. They wear matching dresses with feathered tutus. Bronwyn's bright blue eyes lift from her basket to meet my face. She immediately smiles, showing off her two teeth—one on the top and one on the bottom. Her little legs begin running toward me, but before she can reach me, my mom lifts Bronwyn onto her lap while Olivia's mom does the same to Charlie. Bronwyn doesn't seem to mind though because she continues to smile at me. I fucking love my life.

We turn our attention back to the aisle as Hayden is the first bridesmaid to round the corner. Her onyx hair is styled in an updo and her hands are wrapped around a bouquet of white and light pink roses. She's dressed in a V-neck, champagne gown. The color reminds me so much of Olivia the first time I laid eyes on her.

Following her is Annalise, who's wearing a matching gown. Unlike Hayden, Anna's chestnut hair is curled falling right below her shoulders. I catch her eyes move to my right, looking straight at Deacon. Her smile tenses but doesn't waiver. Then, Leo comes out in his custom suit made to fit his toddler frame. He walks confidently down the aisle with a smirk. When he reaches us, I give him a fist bump before he passes the rings to his dad and takes a seat next to his mom, Isabel.

Here it is. The moment I've been waiting patiently for since the day I proposed.

Everyone in the audience stands and turns their attention to the back. My heart is beating out of my chest as I wait for my bride. My Golden Babe.

Then, I see her. The butterflies I felt in my stomach the first night I saw her at the bar reappear in this moment.

Her white lace long sleeve dress that rests on her shoulder contrasts beautifully against her golden skin. Her long legs are concealed by the skin tight dress that trails behind her. Her brown hair is styled in a bun and adorned with crystals. Her delicate fingers grip the bouquet of flowers tightly, and I can see the small shake of her hands.