Chapter Three

It's four AM when I get back. I light a butt and sit on the porch. I finish five of them by the time I hear people getting up. "Amanda's gone!" I hear Debbie yell. "She probably didn't go far. Or she's pawning our shit." I open the door and everyone turns to me. "Only thing I stole was a pack. I'll buy more." I hear Fiona curse under her breath. "Water and electrical." Everyone empties their pockets. "Nah, I got it. Just got paid." I look at the thousand dollar bill and wonder how it's so high. I don't know, probably the fact that there's like nine hundred of them. "You can't afford..." Fiona gets cut off by the two thousand I pull out. "Here, for dinner and room last night. Get the kids all some food and clothes. They look stunned. "But the police caught you before you got paid?!" Carl points out. "I woke up at one AM, Stole the car back, and sent it on its way. Hundred thousand dollar car. Pretty smooth ride too." No one comments till Frank speaks up. "Can I have some, It's my house." I threw him a ten-dollar bill. He walks away after bowing to me. "You can stay tonight too." Lip offers. "No, I don't think I should. Here's my number though, Incase you have trouble paying for anything, just call. S'what Mickey does." I throw down my number and start to walk out when I hear, "Who's supervising Liam and Carl? I have work." I turn around. "Fiona," I say. She looks at me. "I can watch him. I use to babysit my mom's friends' kids." She thinks about it. "No drugs, alcohol, no cars."She lists. "Got it."

Carl and Liam sit the whole day. I feed Laim twice, change him about four times and that's it. Carl asks me about how to steal cars and I laugh and tell him a few stories. "So there I was Two cops on my ass. A new 80,000 dollor car and all the weed that two thouasnd can get. Im speeding to my cover area when a tire pops. And I mean pops. It flies and hits the cruiser behind me and slows them down enough that my car has time to skidd over to the side of the road and my dubble takes over. He sat in the car and then when the cops took him and the car I stole it back. We sold the car for 90. I got to keep 70..." His eyes peer to the door as it swings open. "Wow, two fifty already?" I say as I rock Liam. Fiona comes over and grabs him." hi baby." She giggles. The door swings open. "Jimmy?" I question. He laughs. "AMANDA! What are you doing at my girlfriend's house." He questions. "Stealing food and seeking refuge." He glares at me. "Why are you still here. Cops have been looking for you all day, You stole the hundred right?" I smile at him. "Got sixty out of it." His eyes go wide. "I get forty out of a hundred." I stick my tongue out "sucks to suck rich boy." He sticks his tongue out back at me. "Anyway I'm leaving. I'll be at Micks, Unless the cops ask then I'm in Canada or Mexico."

I hear someone grab a coat and feel a presence behind me. "So, You steal cars with steve?" I hear Ian ask. "Yeah, Needed a way to make money while Monica was out getting high. Met this man, He's nice, taught me everything I know." He nods. "So are you going to move into Mickeys?" I laugh. "Not with Terry around, perverted creep." When we get to Mickey's house I run to him and hug him. "Look at what I got last night." I sing. "Let's get smokes, huh." I punch his arm a bit as I take the money and hand him a twenty. "If you saved up and made a bank account you would be able to get a house, and a car, fuck, you could start a family with that money," Mickey tells me. "Get out of the ghetto." I pretend to be offended. "Is this your way of kicking me out! How rude." I hear the door slam open. I jump away from Mickey and look up to see who flung the door.

"I always knew you had a thing for my son." Terry slurs. "I can show you what a real Malcovich can do." He reaches to slap my ass but Mickey stands up and pushes his arm away. "Fuck off Terry, Your drunk as shit." He steps closer to me and smiles. "Terry, baby. I'm underage. One, five. Means no touching." I wink at him. "Just looking." He smiles and starts to walk out the door.