Chapter eleven: Study dates

Annabeth sat in the room of requirement reading the letter over and over again until Sam woke up.

At eleven years old, Sam found comfort in alcohol, it become one of his only sources of comfort.

Annabeth never agreed with it but she knew it's what he needed and all she needed was for him
to be okay.

Sam woke up with a painful throbbing in his head and his throat feeling incredibly dry. He looked around at where he was and saw nothing familiar.

Until he saw her. Everything felt okay.

Sam had never expressed it but Annabeth meant everything and more to him. He wouldn't be here without his best friend and he realized it more and more each day.

" Morning, sunshine" smiled the girl.

Sam rubbed his temples in an attempt to ease the pain as he rolled over away from her.

" Nope, you gotta get up. I'll bring your food to your dorm" she said, walking over to the boy.

It was a saturday so Sam could rest off the hangover but Annabeth refused to let him stay in here.

After minutes of struggling, Annabeth finally pulled Sam up and carried him towards the door.

" Listen bud, I know i'm insanely strong," she said with a wink, " but I need you to help me out here"

Sam started walking, well stumbling his way down the corridor.

The pair looked like two headless chickens as they fell everywhere and struggled to keep themselves up.

From a distance, the marauders saw the two best friends and laughed until they realized what was going on.

The four boys rushed over to the panting girl and Sirius wrapped an arm around Sam's waist and hauled him off her.

" Sam, look at me. Are you okay" asked Sirius, worry evident in his voice.

Sirius's eyes glossed over as he looked at the usually happy boy with tears stains down his face.

" I'm fine" replied the boy, struggling to stand.

Sirius stared at the boy, admiring his ability to try and hide his real feelings.

Behind the boys, Peter Pettigrew was frantically checking on Annabeth.

" You're sure you're okay?" asked the small boy for the tenth time.

" Yes Peter, i'm absolutely okay" laughed the girl.

Remus looked at the girl then at Sam. He knew something had to be going on, just couldn't figure out what it was.

" Come on, I want to take you somewhere" said Remus, grabbing Annabeth's sweaty hand 

"But I have to make sure Sam eats" protested the girl

" We'll take care of his, ginger" said James.

After many tugs from Remus, Annabeth finally followed him around the school.

The duo made jokes and fun conversation as she was certain he was lost.

Remus pulled her into an empty classroom, lit by lights.

Annabeth stood there in amazement until she realized he didn't plan this, the other redhead across the room did.

" Oh... I didn't know you were bringing someone" said Lily Evans, a bitter tone behind her voice

" Hope you don't mind" replied Remus with a smile, oblivious to the tension between the girls.

Lily had set up floating candles and fairy lights around the classroom and a large array of pillows laid in the middle of the floor.