Chapter Five

"Can we do a DNA test?" Fiona asks me. "The other day in court I talked to the judge about taking you home with us too." She tells me. I can see her face light up. "I think we might be related." I just pause. "You want to become my legal guardian?" I clarify. She nods and smiles at me. "You'll have a home, and food and a family." The world feels tight, the walls close in a bit and I stumble back. "I'm going to go get some air." Yes, I knew going into this they were going to tell me they knew. But do I want this? An apple pie, a house with a fence, large family life.

I run to Mickey and burst in the door crying. My tears stop when I see a beat up Ian in a chair watching Mickey with a Russian hooker. "He thinks he can fuck boys," Terry says to me. I run over and pull her off him and then grab Ian and pull him to the other side of the room. Mickey looks defeated as he doesn't move. "Fuck you, Terry," I murmur. I throw Mickey a blanket and then walk back over and grab Ian. Pulling him to the door. "What did you say?!" Terry yells at me. "FUCK YOU" I repeat louder. I feel a hand come down on my face and realize he slapped me. Ian goes to punch him but I grab his hand and shove him to the door. "Get the fuck out," I tell him. He looks at me and goes to say something but I slam the door. Terry grabs me as I walk past and tries to kiss me. I shove away and punch him in the nose. His face gushes and I run over to Mickey. I grab his arm and put a hand on his back. He flinches, His whole body shaking. We get to his room and he sits on the bed with the blanket wrapped around him. I hear the door slam and know Terry is gone. I turn on the bath and throw soap in it, making sure it's warm I play with the handles and when the temperature is right I walk back to Mickey's room. He's crying now. His eyes down as tears fall from the sides. His shoulders shake and his whole body trembles. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." I pull him up and help him into the tub. He doesn't fight me when I grab the shampoo and pour some in his hair. "I didn't want to, He was going to kill me, or Ian." He stops and looks at me. "Did I just cheat on Ian?" I pause and look at his horrified face. "No, Ian knows what happened." Tears are still streaming. "You're not sleeping here tonight," I tell him as I begin to rinse off the shampoo. "I'll get us a place." I get up to grab a towel but he grabs my hand. "I'm just going in to get a towel." It's rare that he breaks down like this. His father scares him so much that I don't think he's shaking nor upset about the hooker. I think he's upset about his father and being forced. It's no secret that he fucks around, but never like that. I walk in and mickey is in the same spot I left him in. He gets up and takes the towel. "I just got paid, we can get a hotel room somewhere for a few nights," I call and ask for ten nights. The total is around $1,800 which isn't that bad. I ask for meals brought to us three times a day and unlimited movies and channels, the room service is an extra $300 and channels is $50. I don't tell Mick that. I still have $58,000 from the last car.

We arrive and I give Mickey the key. "I'll be back in a minute." My fingers dial Fiona and she answers. "Hey, haven't heard from you all day. Ian wants to know if Mick is okay?" I hear Ian in the background. "Yeah, I got him out of the house for a few nights." I pause. "I was thinking. Can I chip in on the house bills, It what, $1,100 a month." Fiona laughs. "Good math, yeah I'll send you the information." She texts me it and I start calling places. Once I finished I paid over 13,000 because I just paid for the year. I have $45,000 to spend. I walk back into our room and Mickey is watching a movie, I slide next to him and curl up on the bed. He pulls me next to him and kisses me on the top of my head. "I love you." I smile. "I know Mick," I tell him I need to make one more call and I call in delivery of food for the week. I get four things of juice, five backs of soda, three things of milk, enough sandwich supplies for around thirty sandwiches, burger meat, and pasta and pasta sauce. 

Mickey looks at me weirdly as the door opens and in rolls a cart of food. Mickey looks at the food and then me. "That's for you," I tell him laughing. "How much do you have left?" I think for a minute, "Uh, $57,000. I get good deals because I sell to rich people, rare cars." He looks at you. "Shit, Imma need a loan." He laughs. "I'll steal a crap car and you can have the money, how much you want." His eyes go wide. "I don't care about the money, I just like the thrill." He looks at my food and asks if I'm gonna eat it, I slide it over to him and tell him I'll call in more food. "You could get into college." He says while eating. "You have the brains and money." I grab the phone and call in more food. We eat and laugh at the comedy on tv. My phone goes off and Fiona's name appears. "We don't need you to pay for our house." She says to me. "A whole year of bills!" She sounds kinda mad. "I don't need money, I have a ton of it. " She grumbles. "When are you home?" She asks me as if she was my mom. "Home? Listen, just because biologically I'm a Gallager and I help pay for shit doesn't mean that's home, just means I'm helping out friends." I hang up when I see another number call me. "Enzo, what's up my man." He tells me about a $10,000 dollar car. "You get four." I look at mickey. "Want $4,000," I ask him. "Fuck yeah."