Chapter 35: The Wolf's Bite

3rd Person POV

It had been about a year since the Avengers had fallen apart. Members were scattered around the world, and (Y/n) was settled in London. His days of fighting weren't necessarily at an end, though.

"Ryan, you ready?" He called out through the apartment. Ryan walked out from his bedroom, kitted head to toe in his assassin gear. In the last year, (Y/n) and Ryan had met while shutting down a group of terrorists.

(Y/n) dove down to slash through a terrorist who was positioned behind a car. Turning and deflecting a bullet into a second man behind him, then hastily removing a pistol from its holster and blasting a third one away with a shot of energy. As he moved towards the next terrorist, the man was suddenly jolted forwards and dropped his gun. A man in a sharp edged, black hooded, waste long jacket stood tall. It was impossible to read his facial features because of a black mask covering half his face.

"Who the hell are you?" The two asked simultaneously. Ryan slowly approached, but stopped to grab the wrist of a terrorist with a knife. Following up, (Y/n) placed a bullet in the man's head. Ryan glanced back to (Y/n) and shrugged slightly, acknowledging his strength.

"Wait a minute. Aren't you an Avenger?" Ryan recognised him.

"Not anymore."

"I still find this a little unfair." Ryan complained as he walked to the door with (Y/n).

"What's unfair?" (Y/n) squinted at him.

"I have to go watch for crime while you go hang out with your girlfriend." Ryan emphasized the final word in a childish way.

"First off, she's not my girlfriend." (Y/n) pointed his hand at Ryan in a chopping motion.

"Bullshit." Ryan said nonchalantly.

"Second of all, we both know you're going to nothing but sit at the bar." (Y/n) opened the door and started to leave. But Ryan managed to get one final sentence in before he disappeared.

"In this suit? I don't think so. No, I'm going to go buy fish and chips and eat them on a roof somewhere." Ryan stated with a smirk.

"You confuse me sometimes." (Y/n) shook his head and snapped his fingers, teleporting away.

Y/N's POV

I exited my blink inside another apartment. A scent almost similar to vanilla was covering the room, and I could sense its presence immediately.

"(Y/n)?" I looked over to the open blinds, finding who I was looking for was looking back at me.

"Wanda." I nodded to her. She practically ran towards me with her arms slightly extended. In just a couple seconds we were hugging. "So, what've you been up to?" Wanda ignored the question in favour of dragging me into a kiss. I didn't necessarily expect an answer just yet. Though, I thought the reason would be her turning the question onto me. I could tell from just her body language that she was upset. As soon as she pulled back, I saw a small look of happiness across her face.

"I could feel you when you appeared. I could sense... you." She mumbled, making me smirk. Then she began to frown.

"Where have you been for the last month?" Wanda questioned.