chapter twenty-three

Harry clutched at his abdomen with trembling fingers as the Slytherin before he cackled, arrogance flooding his image.

"I don't know why you'd waste time fighting a losing match," the Slytherin Harry taunted. "I guess love makes you do stupid things."

"The only one losing is you," Harry shot back at him. "Crucio!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

The two spells met in mid-air, casting a bright green and red glow in the dark caverns of Harry's mind. A wave of pain shook through Harry's body, and his arm shook violently.

"Give it up, Potter!" the Slytherin Harry yelled amidst the chaos, his grin widening at the sight of Harry's blood pooling on the dark floor. "You're dying!"

Harry screamed in pain once again, and his spell started to fade as he ran out of energy.

He was going to die.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Draco sat in the near-empty Great Hall with a stoic expression, picking at his food moodily. The Christmas holidays had started, and Draco had stayed at Hogwarts, along with Hermione. She was visiting him, and the thought of her alone with Harry's helpless body made his blood boil.

But he had to eat something to gain his energy. He felt drained, and he knew he had alarmingly large bags under his eyes.

He heard footsteps gradually getting louder from outside the Hall and looked up to see a red-faced Hermione doubling over, clutching her stomach. Her face was pale.

"Draco! Go to Harry! Now!" she said, limping over to him and grabbing the front of his robes and tugging him from his seat weakly.

Draco abandoned his food and ran to the Hospital Wing. His stomach screamed at him to slow down, but he didn't listen. He needed to know if his Harry was alright.

He ran into the Wing and saw Madam Pomfrey standing by Harry's bed with a panicked expression on her face. Harry's clothes were soaked in blood by his abdomen, making Draco suck in a pained gasp.

"What happened?" he breathed out, taking Harry's hand in his and looking at the matron for answers. She lifted Harry's shirt and let out a cry of despair.

Blood was pouring out of his body, but there was no wound. Blood soaked through his body like water through a cloth.

"Some very dark magic is at work. The Headmistress is on her way," she told Draco.

Harry screamed, and Draco comforted him through tears. "I'm here now, Harry. It's going to be alright. I'm so sorry-"

"Goodness! What- Poppy, explain!" McGonagall stood in the doorway, her face a mixture of horror and fear.

"I thought you might be able to erase it! There's something seriously wrong with him!" Madam Pomfrey said, looking between her patient and the Headmistress. She had never felt more useless.

"Draco, you and Harry have a bond, don't you?" the Headmistress asked, panic in her eyes.

"No! He wanted to wait! We didn't complete the bond!" Draco said, self-loathing seeping into his words.

"Draco... help," Harry murmured, his face screwed up in pain. His hand searched blindly for Draco's. Draco let out a sob as he grasped Harry's hand in his.

"I hate this! Help him, please!" the torn boy pleaded. McGonagall grasped her temples in frustration. Draco could feel the frustration radiating off her in waves as she watched the Boy Who Lived die a painful death.

"Hey! What- what the fuck is going on?!" Draco shrieked, looking at where Harry's and his' conjoined hands were glowing brightly. McGonagall's eyes widened.

"I thought you said you hadn't completed the bond?"

"We haven't," Draco said, astonished.

"The bond must have sealed itself, seeing how Harry is in mortal danger," Madam Pomfrey thought out loud. "This must be Draco's Veela side's last attempt in saving Harry."

Draco didn't respond, watching hopefully as he felt Harry's grip on his hand tighten.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

Harry looked down in surprise when he saw his wound seal, his right hand gleaming brightly.

"What?" the Slytherin said, backing up slightly. Their spells faded away, and Harry grinned manically.

"Yeah, try to kill me now!" Harry said, his eyes shimmering. Draco was helping him now; he could get through anything.

"I will kill you!" the other said, although his confidence wavered.

They cast their spells again, but this time, Harry had the upper hand. Draco's magic surged through him, making him feel more powerful than he had ever felt.

The Slytherin Harry's wand was tossed aside by Harry's Disarming Charm, and Harry looked at him with amusement.

"Goodbye. Avada Kedavra!"

The Slytherin screamed as his body ripped to shreds, just like Voldemort's. Harry smiled gleefully at the ash pile and felt a pang in his head as he woke up.

Light beamed through his eyelids as he blinked them slowly. He felt something wet and think pooling around his stomach, and he instantly reached down to touch it. But his hand was already occupied.

"Harry!"

Kisses peppered his face, and he opened his eyes with a smile.

"Hey, Draco," he said into the kisses. He heard a relieved sigh come from somewhere else in the room, but all that mattered at that moment was Draco.

"I'm back!" he said, laughing in joy. Draco nodded.

"And we're mates," the blond said happily.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "But I thought... I thought that the only way to do that was to... you know, get intimate."

"Yes, well, seeing as you were about to die, my Veela magic completed the bond in a last ditch attempt, is what we're guessing," Draco said, burying a hand in ebony-black hair.

"Harry," McGonagall cut in. "Do you remember who pushed you?"

"...It was Pansy."

***

ahaahahahahhahaha

anyways vote and comment